Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2015 12:14:16 PM EDT
I want to re-barrel an AR-15 and an AR-10 (DPMS Pattern) with match grade barrels. Until I decide on what barrels to use I've read that an AR receiver can be "blueprinted". I have had many a Remington 700 action "blueprinted" so I understand what is done to the face and receiver threads of an action. Suppose the threads of an AR on a receiver can done in a similar type procedure.

So, I need a good AR smith in or near the Pittsburgh area.

Thanks, PAT.
Link Posted: 8/6/2012 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]
If all my understanding is correct the "blue printing" that needs to be done between the bolt and the barrel extention. The rest of the upper is basically along for the ride because unlike a bolt action rifle the bolt locks in to the barrel and not the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Regardless of blue printing, I know a couple of places/people who are certified armorers that can take care of re barreling. You can too for a couple of tools and have the satisfaction of learning a new skill. It's pretty hard to screw up from my experience.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#4]
theres a facing die that can true the face of the upper threads

I don't know any armorers in pittsburgh

but Ben at Cold Bore in warriors mark does nice work

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#6]
high tech handgun in the north hills did a great job on an ar10 I had them do before I started building my own.  the owners a weirdo who has a hair saloon upstairs and does woman's hair when he is not selling guns?  have no clue whats up with that BUT, he is a good guy and has a good smith working for him on the weekends
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

This.  Josh is a great guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top