Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2015 10:21:50 AM EDT
I'm joining the club in June and would love some real feedback on the facility, especially the rifle range.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:39:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I will be joining soon. You can go on Sundays they open it to the public
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice facility.  Usually the rifle range is not crowded.  The exception being the days leading up to opening buck season.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm from Ohio, but I am.

- Monthly IDPA shoots. (First Sunday of every month, even in the winter time.)  Decent crowd, normally 5 bays + after the match we do rifle stuff.

- Monthly 'two gun' shoots -  normally 3 bays, I haven't attended recently, due to schedule conflicts. I do believe they shoot this on the second or third Saturday.

- Rifle range is nice, out to 600 yards. (One of the reasons why I joined.)   Steel Gongs at 300 / 400 / 500 yards.  They will be putting a key card entry system in on the rifle range due to misuse.   Cannot bring your own steel to this range.  No 50 BMG or Full auto. SBR is fine and suppressors are fine. No shotguns at the target stands.  If you want to shoot clays you can put them on the back stop.  No junk shooting.  Supposedly (the story goes) they will be implementing an RO system with the key card due to misuse of the range. (Someone lobbed shots at the power plant, or so it goes...)   We will see how that works out.  95% of the time I'm there, I'm by myself. 4 times I've been there, 1 was a group of AR15.com guys (saw the BFL on their truck), 2 times was the same older gentleman, shooting a very interesting 6mm BR rifle and 1 was a bunch of hilljacks that I doubt were members trashing the range.

- Multiple handgun bays open. Old ones behind the rifle range & new ones down near the clay range. (New ones are used for IDPA on first sunday.)  Movement shooting is allowed, no rifles outside of the schedule two gun stuff.  Bring your own target stands and/or steel here.

- Very nice 1+ Mile long sporting clays course.

-  Very nice trap stands.

Been a member going on 3 years now there.

Beware, I do believe they are shutting the club down for a month or two? sometime in June. The power plant behind it is getting 2 new natural gas pipelines run to it, threw club property. BUT, the club is getting a metric fuck ton of money. Driveway is getting paved, rifle range is getting re-worked and the rumor is an indoor pistol range is being built.

Edit:

Rifle range is closed to anyone but members. Very strict rules on bringing guests.  (If anyone checks..)

Edit 2:

There is also a rim fire target course around the property. Never shot it, so I only know it exists. I think 5 different areas?

Also watch the gate at night when you go to leave.... Got locked in one night, had to call a board member to get me out...
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm from Ohio, but I am.

- Monthly IDPA shoots. (First Sunday of every month, even in the winter time.)  Decent crowd, normally 5 bays + after the match we do rifle stuff.

- Monthly 'two gun' shoots -  normally 3 bays, I haven't attended recently, due to schedule conflicts. I do believe they shoot this on the second or third Saturday.

- Rifle range is nice, out to 600 yards. (One of the reasons why I joined.)   Steel Gongs at 300 / 400 / 500 yards.  They will be putting a key card entry system in on the rifle range due to misuse.   Cannot bring your own steel to this range.  No 50 BMG or Full auto. SBR is fine and suppressors are fine. No shotguns at the target stands.  If you want to shoot clays you can put them on the back stop.  No junk shooting.  Supposedly (the story goes) they will be implementing an RO system with the key card due to misuse of the range. (Someone lobbed shots at the power plant, or so it goes...)   We will see how that works out.  95% of the time I'm there, I'm by myself. 4 times I've been there, 1 was a group of AR15.com guys (saw the BFL on their truck), 2 times was the same older gentleman, shooting a very interesting 6mm BR rifle and 1 was a bunch of hilljacks that I doubt were members trashing the range.

- Multiple handgun bays open. Old ones behind the rifle range & new ones down near the clay range. (New ones are used for IDPA on first sunday.)  Movement shooting is allowed, no rifles outside of the schedule two gun stuff.  Bring your own target stands and/or steel here.

Beware, I do believe they are shutting the club down for a month or two? sometime in June. The power plant behind it is getting 2 new natural gas pipelines run to it, threw club property. BUT, the club is getting a metric fuck ton of money. Driveway is getting paved, rifle range is getting re-worked and the rumor is an indoor pistol range is being built.

Edit:

Rifle range is closed to anyone but members. Very strict rules on bringing guests.  (If anyone checks..)

Edit 2:

There is also a rim fire target course around the property. Never shot it, so I only know it exists. I think 5 different areas?

Also watch the gate at night when you go to leave.... Got locked in one night, had to call a board member to get me out...
View Quote

Thank you for the great post, friend!  I did tour the facility a few weeks ago and was sold on it.  I was informed of the shut down and I'm going to delay joining until it's reopened unfortunately.  I was told they hope to have it completed within the 8 week time frame, but it's an unknown of course.  For me to join at tonight's meeting and then only have a few weeks to shoot doesn't make much sense and they pretty much suggested waiting, which I thought was very nice and upfront on their behalf.

I suppose the only thing that was disappointing was the not being able to bring your own steel to the rifle range.  I have zero interest in putting holes in paper.  While it's nice they have their own steel at 300, 400, and 500, I'd like to bring my own AR500 plates for the 600 yard berm.  Perhaps they'll add some when they revamp the rifle range.  From my quick view of the rifle range, it did seem like somewhat of a cluttered berm layout but maybe that's part of the plan too.

I was also told that the indoor range is slated to be open by the time the snow flies, so that'll be awesome too.  I asked about the backstop and whether or not there will be any ammo restrictions and I was told no, that FMJ will be permitted.  That was a relief to me as a nearby club also has an indoor range but limit it to lead only.  I only have Glock and HK pistols and lead is a no-go and I'm not buying new barrels for them and then have to buy or load lead ammo.

All in all, LCSA looks to be one of the nicest clubs around and will only get better.  Perhaps I'll see you there sometime.  I also have a BFL proudly displayed on my truck....haha!
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:42:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I'll be joining up in august.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank you for the great post, friend!  I did tour the facility a few weeks ago and was sold on it.  I was informed of the shut down and I'm going to delay joining until it's reopened unfortunately.  I was told they hope to have it completed within the 8 week time frame, but it's an unknown of course.  For me to join at tonight's meeting and then only have a few weeks to shoot doesn't make much sense and they pretty much suggested waiting, which I thought was very nice and upfront on their behalf.

I suppose the only thing that was disappointing was the not being able to bring your own steel to the rifle range.  I have zero interest in putting holes in paper.  While it's nice they have their own steel at 300, 400, and 500, I'd like to bring my own AR500 plates for the 600 yard berm.  Perhaps they'll add some when they revamp the rifle range.  From my quick view of the rifle range, it did seem like somewhat of a cluttered berm layout but maybe that's part of the plan too.

I was also told that the indoor range is slated to be open by the time the snow flies, so that'll be awesome too.  I asked about the backstop and whether or not there will be any ammo restrictions and I was told no, that FMJ will be permitted.  That was a relief to me as a nearby club also has an indoor range but limit it to lead only.  I only have Glock and HK pistols and lead is a no-go and I'm not buying new barrels for them and then have to buy or load lead ammo.

All in all, LCSA looks to be one of the nicest clubs around and will only get better.  Perhaps I'll see you there sometime.  I also have a BFL proudly displayed on my truck....haha!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm from Ohio, but I am.

Edit:

Edit 2:

My buddy (also a member here, probably lurking this thread) went to the membership meeting last week.   The contractor who is doing the pipeline works hopes to be done in 3 weeks, possibly at most 4 assuming no major delays. It looks like the 8 week time frame is worse-worse case scenario.  

IDPA is not this weekend, but next if you want to come out.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you post up when they are done with the work, I'll head to a meeting and try to get a membership!
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Just a small update.

During the closed time, a buddy of mine / fellow arfcommer's company redid the drainage in the pistol bays. So now all 6 pistol bays are nice and dry, partially restoned and no longer a swamp.

Rumor is the range could be open as early as 2 weeks from now for the the August idpa match. It will certainly be open by the middle of August for the PASS shooting event.

I'm just curious how much work they did to the rifle range while it was shut down. I'd love to see a redo of the berms and gongs.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Club is back open as of today.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 2:22:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to be heading out to the meeting tonight, sent in dues and application.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top