Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2015 9:17:28 AM EDT
WTF is up with all of the gun shows anymore.

It used to be a good time to look and find some really good bargains, especially on ammo.
Lately, everything is way over priced.  If I want to pay full retail price or higher, I'll just go to Dicks to buy ammo.
I know we are getting spoiled by the prices we can get in the internet.  And I'm not going to argue that these guys want to
make a few bucks, but $6 for 10 rounds of Carl Gustaf in plastic wrap.... really?  A box of .45 acp fmj  for $35?  
Also the AWB expired YEARS ago.  No need to put pre-ban on your price tags (with the price to match) anymore.

45 min. drive, cost of admission to show, the smell of some of the fudds/ neckbeards who haven't had a bath since last autumn.
Only to leave empty handed.  
F**k 'em, they can keep their crap.

Internet orders, here I come...
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 9:28:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I love the guy(s) who have the early 90's Colt AR15 with the tag that says "$2000!!  PRE-BAN!"

I always ask what the difference is, and they say something slick like "It's grandfathered against any and all future bans!!!"

Gunshows to me have become like a gym membership.    Nobody buys a gym membership to walk on a treadmill.  I can go walk by myself at home for free.

I buy it to be surrounded by some like-minded people, have some good conversations, some good arguments, and chuckle at stupidity.

Think of it as an $8 2-day team membership, in real life.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:23:52 AM EDT
[#2]

The internet is doing the same thing to the gun show and the small local gun store as its already done for a lot of the big box stores and other retailers.   Look at Best Buy, Barnes & Noble or many other big box stores - really nothing more than a showroom for Amazon buyers now.  Yeah, I still go to gun shows, but for the most part, its to check out things I'm interested in before buying them online and paying an FFL for a transfer (if its a firearm).  Or its to tote around a long gun to try and sell locally/FTF without shipping or involving an FFL.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The internet is doing the same thing to the gun show and the small local gun store as its already done for a lot of the big box stores and other retailers.   Look at Best Buy, Barnes & Noble or many other big box stores - really nothing more than a showroom for Amazon buyers now.  Yeah, I still go to gun shows, but for the most part, its to check out things I'm interested in before buying them online and paying an FFL for a transfer (if its a firearm).  Or its to tote around a long gun to try and sell locally/FTF without shipping or involving an FFL.
View Quote

This exactly.

Now, I go to look for certain milsurp guns I wouldn't or can't buy online, and powder so I don't have to pay huge hazmat shipping fees.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love the guy(s) who have the early 90's Colt AR15 with the tag that says "$2000!!  PRE-BAN!"
I always ask what the difference is, and they say something slick like "It's grandfathered against any and all future bans!!!
View Quote

I feel sorry for the unknowing New Yorker gullible enough to fall for that crap and unwittingly brings it home. But then again,  Carpe Diem.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I feel sorry for the unknowing New Yorker gullible enough to fall for that crap and unwittingly brings it home. But then again,  Carpe Diem. Caveat emptor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I always ask what the difference is, and they say something slick like "It's grandfathered against any and all future bans!!!

I feel sorry for the unknowing New Yorker gullible enough to fall for that crap and unwittingly brings it home. But then again,  Carpe Diem. Caveat emptor.

Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
D'oh!
Yes,  caveat emptor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top