Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2015 8:56:31 PM EDT
My 20 year old daughter called me today and asked me to book her a "cheap" hotel in Philadelphia on Friday night May 22. She is going to see the All Time Low concert at the Mann Center For Performing Arts at at 630 PM. It is located at 5201 Parkside Ave in Philadelphia. SAhe is going with one other girl.
Are there any hotels close to the theater that are safe? Of course I want her to stay at a SAFE hotel and her safety is more important than a cheap hotel. She plans on paying for it herself but I will kick in the extra money to make sure she is safe.
How is the parking at the Mann theater? Is the area in general safe?
Any other tips for her trip?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't want to scare you, but The Mann Center is not exactly in the nicest area of Phila.  However, it is safe during concerts because of the crowds that are there.  I've seen many concerts there without issue.

There are no hotels nearby.  The closest hotels will be on City Line Avenue (not cheap) which straddles the border of the city.

Where is your daughter coming from?   Is she traveling far?

There are no cheap hotels nearby.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
She will be coming from Long Island. It is 3 hours away.
Is there parking at the Mann Theater or close by? How safe is the parking there?
One option might be that I drive the girls and drive home after the concert,or my wife and I drive them and we all stay at Harrahs in Chester.
My wife just told me the concert has 4 bands and is supposed to end at 130AM.
Harrahs is starting to sound like a plan.
Thank you for the reply.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The closet hotel would be the Crown Plaza Hotel on City Line Avenue.  Hotwire.com shows it for $113 for 5/22/15-5/23/15.  I would think taking a cab from the hotel to the Mann Center would be a better idea than driving there. There should be no problem getting a cab afterwards.  Given the crowds...the Mann Center is pretty safe.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 3:36:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top