Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2015 7:03:57 PM EDT
Tell me what I missed by being the embalmaholic that I am and worked all weekend
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Headed there tomorrow morning (Sunday).
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I went yesterday. It was twice as big as the previous Oaks show that I went to. I didn't pay much attention to ammo or gun prices, since I went in search of reloading stuff.

I picked up .308 loading dies, a pound of IMR-4064, a pound of Red Dot, and a box of CCI small rifle primers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Was there today.  HUGE event.  They had all three sections so there was ton of space to spread out.  Tons of people but being so big, it was easy to move around.

You can find better prices for ammo and guns on the internet for sure.

If you were looking for something specific, I can bet it was at this show.

TONS of Black guns and accessories, TONS.

Prices were full-retail. top of the mark IMHO.  no deals from what i saw.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got back. Had a better selection than most of the Oaks shows that I have been to. Finally bought a 10/22 takedown that I have been wanting for a while. Hysteria prices have finally subsided.

Ammo prices were through the roof (as always...)

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
This particular show was the "extravaganza" which usually has 2000 tables as opposed to 1000 and they had another section open for antiques. The usual vendors were there, some had bigger tables this time and there were some unfamiliar tables as well from different states. It was a good show. People just need to learn how to take a shower before hand, stop standing in the middle of the isle, and stop spitting their ignorant gun knowledge out loud for everyone to hear.

I picked up a bunch of small parts for an AR build, the reloading situation seemed to be a little better this time too
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I did not attend but a friend of mine did. It was huge as others have said, but in his words 'prices worse than gunbroker'
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I also attended and left with a bag of beef jerky! Haha prices were very high. It was nice to see precision firearms from West Virginia there that had quality ar stuff. It was a good day even though I didn't purchase anything.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:47:37 PM EDT
[#8]
you arent the only one that missed it.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I've yet to attend one.  Some day.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Went to this weekend's show for the Utah CCW course.  It was pretty nice not being so overcrowded.  I picked up some coated bullets from King Shooter Supply and a nice 40mm ammo can.  I love getting ammo cans at the show b/c shipping cost on them really sucks and it's nice to see different sizes to visualize what I'd use them for.  40mm is really nice to fit 2k 9x19 rounds in, 20mm for storing 12 gauge, 81mm for revolver rounds, etc.
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went yesterday. It was twice as big as the previous Oaks show that I went to. I didn't pay much attention to ammo or gun prices, since I went in search of reloading stuff.

I picked up .308 loading dies, a pound of IMR-4064, a pound of Red Dot, and a box of CCI small rifle primers.
View Quote

You comin' out to play some longball?

Link Posted: 6/7/2015 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#13]
The .308 stuff is for a Ruger Gunsite Scout rifle, not a precision rig. The Red Dot is because I wanted to try out Ed Harris's "The Load." It's 13 grains of Red Dot under a 150 to 200 grain bullet in a .30 to 8mm caliber case, from .308 on up. I've loaded up a bunch of .308s with it using both 150 grain M2 bullets and some 165 grain cast bullets, but I haven't had the chance to take them to the range yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top