Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 9:39:08 PM EDT
Anyone who has a Carry permit carry open in the summer?

I always prefer Concealed carry as I see it as an edge, forewarned and all.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people choose to open carry as an expression of their 2nd Amendment rights, while other do not like to wear bagging clothing or an outer garment to conceal their firearm.

Don't know the percentage of people that open carry, however being that you would need the license to carry in order to transport the firearm to the places you desire to open carry, I'm sure most if not all OC'ers have the LTCF.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:30:40 PM EDT
[#2]
No need to open carry IMHO.

It only starts trouble.

Conceal carry, mind your business, and don't look for trouble.

Cops and "tough guys" open carry IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#3]
not a fan of open carry at all.
those that like attention are all into however. i like to stay on the down low.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I OC some of the time, it all depends on how I am dressed and what I am doing. People are either oblivious or are minding their own business as it attract no unwanted attention. As more and more people OC, its becoming less and less of a big deal. Go ahead and start OCing, is your Right.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Only when I am hiking.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:26:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Only when I am hiking.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Hiking and fishing. Often when I'm hiking to a fishing spot as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:40:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only when I am hiking.
View Quote

I do the same but i dont wear super baggy clothing and you can see i got something under my shirt sometimes
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I open carry everyday. People are too busy to pay attention to anything but ther phone. Situational awareness only exists to the like minded. Not once in 10 years has anything been said.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess it all depends on which part of PA you live.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No need to open carry IMHO.

It only starts trouble.

Conceal carry, mind your business, and don't look for trouble.

Cops and "tough guys" open carry IMHO.
View Quote

No "need" to carry a gun either,  but we do. "Need" doesn't have anything to do with it.

It only starts trouble?  The guy starting trouble is the one starting trouble,  quit shifting responsibility onto the law abiding.  

One should ALWAYS mind their business and never look for trouble, whether open carrying,  concealed carrying,  or carrying nothing but a smile.  How I carry myself never varies based on the transportation of an inanimate object.

Cops and "though guys" open carry IMHO?; well that opinion is not very humble and to be frank is rather incendiary to perfectly law abiding folks who take great offense being referred to as being a "though guy" for simply exercising their right to bear arms and not having to seek a government permission slip to do so. Now in your defense it's better to be a tough guy than to be a cowering timid little sheep kowtowing  to the leftist liberal agenda that promotes the idea that only police and military should have guns,  should be the only ones caring guns openly or otherwise,  and that firearm ownership is NOT about a personal right or about self defense but is solely based on machismo and bravado and would never appeal to civilized modern man.  

And with that said I typically conceal carry myself. Just because most of my holsters are IWB. The OWB and shoulder holsters I have usually only look good with my professional clothes (suit, ties, etc.).  My bummy clothes are all baggy anyways the IWB blends in naturally.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I OPEN CARRY IF I AM WALKING IN THE WOODS , WITH MY DOG.. BUT OTHER TAN THAT I CONCEAL CARRY 24/7.. I DO THINK THAT THE RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY MUST BE UPHELD AND THE ONLY WAY I KNOW OF DOING THAT IS TO OPEN CARRY IN PUBLIC... ITS A SHAME THAT SOMETHING AS WELL WRITTEN AND SIMPLE AS THE 2ND AMMENDMENT SEEMS TO BE A THREAT ESPECIALLY TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.. PERSONALLY I THINK A ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY, AND FRANKLY A BETTER EDUCATED SOCIETY AT THAT... I TRULY BELIEVE WITHOUT THE 2ND AMMENDMENT THE UNIITD STATES WOULD BE A VERY HEAVY HANDED POLICE STATE.  I AM REMINDED WHAT RONALD REAGAN SAID " GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM.... WE HAVE FAR TO MANY STUPID LAWS ANY MORE IN AMERICA.... WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO GOOD OLD COMMON SENSE?    PLEASE  FORGIVE MY TYPOS AS MY KEYBOARD IS OLD AND STICKS , I MUCH RATHER SPEND MY MONEY ON AMMO THAN A NEW KEYBOARD THAT WITH OUT DOUBT WILL BE MADE IN CHINA.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:12:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I OPEN CARRY IF I AM WALKING IN THE WOODS , WITH MY DOG.. BUT OTHER TAN THAT I CONCEAL CARRY 24/7.. I DO THINK THAT THE RIGHT TO OPEN CARRY MUST BE UPHELD AND THE ONLY WAY I KNOW OF DOING THAT IS TO OPEN CARRY IN PUBLIC... ITS A SHAME THAT SOMETHING AS WELL WRITTEN AND SIMPLE AS THE 2ND AMMENDMENT SEEMS TO BE A THREAT ESPECIALLY TO LAW ENFORCEMENT.. PERSONALLY I THINK A ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY, AND FRANKLY A BETTER EDUCATED SOCIETY AT THAT... I TRULY BELIEVE WITHOUT THE 2ND AMMENDMENT THE UNIITD STATES WOULD BE A VERY HEAVY HANDED POLICE STATE.  I AM REMINDED WHAT RONALD REAGAN SAID " GOVERNMENT IS NOT THE SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM, GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM.... WE HAVE FAR TO MANY STUPID LAWS ANY MORE IN AMERICA.... WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO GOOD OLD COMMON SENSE?    PLEASE  FORGIVE MY TYPOS AS MY KEYBOARD IS OLD AND STICKS , I MUCH RATHER SPEND MY MONEY ON AMMO THAN A NEW KEYBOARD THAT WITH OUT DOUBT WILL BE MADE IN CHINA.
View Quote
Caps lock is sticking.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:24:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Only while in the woods messing around with my game cams or scouting places to hunt for fall.

Day to day carry for me is concealed, with weather (clothing options) dictating what I carry. Summertime means cargo shorts and my trusty little Ruger LCP.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Where do you get this open carry permit?

Our carry in PA is concealed carry, no permit needed to open carry.

I don't agree with open carry, it's bad for all of us because it scares people of gun and gun owners. Carry it concealed or stay at home with your guns strapped open carry all over you if you want.

And as I have said more than once, I don't expect to win many hands of poker if all of my cards are showing while the rest of the players have their cards hidden.  Same goes for open carry.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I don't agree with open carry, it's bad for all of us because it scares people of gun and gun owners. Carry it concealed or stay at home with your guns strapped open carry all over you if you want.

And as I have said more than once, I don't expect to win many hands of poker if all of my cards are showing while the rest of the players have their cards hidden.  Same goes for open carry.
View Quote
You misread the question a little.

The question as written:

It means , if you do have a carry permit, do you open carry in the summer even though you can carry concealed?

More of a open carry because of the summer clothes deal?

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
While I tend to agree with you I don't like people to be afraid to carry because of what liberal sheep think.

When we back up or bow to the left , they always and I mean always take more, or try to.

I don't like open carry for the same reasons you do, it's the  "forewarned" thing
I want every inch of the element of surprise on my side.
There is also some states where people cannot carry concealed, or they are entitled to have a gun under 21 but cannot get a CCW at 18 or 19 or 20?

Would you trust me at 17 to carry a gun?

The US Military did because I was in the service at 17

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Stop giving me the "I am an American" speech "Konstable".

Obviously I am a 2nd amendment proponent so save me the speech.

IMHO the only guys that open carry around town are those guys that want someone to say something so they can say/act like you just did.

I got no beef with people who open carry at all I was only offering my thoughts.

so lighten up and tell some lib how your really feel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

For what it's worth;  you need a permit to openly carry in Philadelphia.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Philly belongs in New Jersey.

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:45:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The question as written:

It means , if you do have a carry permit, do you open carry in the summer even though you can carry concealed?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The question as written:

Really? Then why didn't you just say if you do have a carry permit, do you open carry in the summer?

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 12:59:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Really? Then why didn't you just say if you do have a carry permit, do you open carry in the summer?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The question as written:

I was not trying to insult you at all, everyone else seemed to know what I was saying?

You phrase things your way, I mine?

Both the ways say exactly the same thing.

Link Posted: 4/11/2015 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I was not trying to insult you at all, everyone else seemed to know what I was saying?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The question as written:

Insulted???

Not me.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:41:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I open carry here in there when it either makes me look very funny shaped or my clothes just won't cover it. Most people around my area carry, so I'm not worried about them seeing my weapon. They all know it's there anyway
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Was speaking to a friend of mine from pocono summit and he was expressing some worry of conceal carry permits being done away with all together. Any truth to this over there?

P.S. he's not much of a gun guy, was just quoting what sounds to me like gun shop talk.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Was speaking to a friend of mine from pocono summit and he was expressing some worry of conceal carry permits being done away with all together. Any truth to this over there?

P.S. he's not much of a gun guy, was just quoting what sounds to me like gun shop talk.
View Quote

I try to follow our PA legislature....nothing brewing that I can see.

There is a recent bill SB701 from some idiots wanting to pass a limit on handgun purchases.

As far as the original question....I open carry on occasion...usually the summer. Same rig I carry for concealed, but with just a t-shirt in hot weather it is visible.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#27]
When people say PA wants to get rid of the concealed permit, it DOES NOT mean you no longer can carry concealed.

What it means is you no longer need to have a permit to carry concealed.

Its called "Constitutional carry".

I am all for it.

If you can legally buy a handgun you can carry anyway you want no need to be on the grid as a person who carries concealed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I almost always open carry. It is more comfortable for me to open carry than shove my pistol down my pants.
Most people never even notice. The few that do are either curious as to why I carry a gun or react positively.
I don't go looking for trouble, and I am not trying to make a statement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top