Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 8:26:31 PM EDT
Planning my escape from NJ, hope to out by the summer. Yardley or Morrisville seems like it would be the most convenient place for me to live and commute to NJ (I work just minutes off rt 1 in central NJ). How is that area? Anything I should know? Other towns nearby to consider?

Also, how is Bucks county for CCW and NFA stuff? Can't wait to dip my feet in that pool.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Yardley is decent, most of it is suburban paradise.  Some parts of Morrisville have interesting people.  In general, go as far North as you can afford.

Bucks CCW is $20, fifteen minutes at Doylestown or ten days through a satellite courthouse.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You rang?  There are a few members here who live in Yardley.  Commuting during rush hour through Princeton is terrible.  95 is backed up, especially since they are going to start work on the bridge soon.  Route 1 starts to get backed up around the Whole Foods and is just a crawl from there north. The area itself is very nice, especially since it isn't NJ.  Close distance to everything, Philly is less than an hour away, you get get to NYC by train in about an hour as well, easy access to 95 and route 1, the shore is less than an hour away as well. Do you have kids who are going to be in the school system?  If you go with Yardley, they should be in Pennsbury which is a good school.  Some of Morrisville either goes to Morrisville SD or Pennsbury.  Newtown is similar to Yardley, they have a quality school district as well.  Property taxes are reasonable.  I lived in the borough of Yardley, just moved last month actually.  I paid less than 3,000 a year in taxes.  I recently updated my CCW and the Levittown office is temporarily not dealing with CCW since the old lady who did them is on sick leave.  Any specific questions, feel free to ask.  I've lived in the general area for about 25 years now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]

When I first moved to PA (maybe 10 years ago) I lived in Yardley/Lower Makefield.  It was great.  Do not move to Morrisville.  No hate on anyone who happens to live there, but don't.

Look North up the river.  From Yardley to Washington Crossing should keep you close enough to 95 to keep the commute ok.

After moving out to the Doylestown area, I have to say I much prefer being out in Central Bucks.  I work in Hopewell, its 40 minutes back roads during normal traffic.  Depending on where off 1 you are, might be a little far to go all the way out there.  You could look at Newtown area, maybe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Doylestown area just takes forever to get into and out of....there is no easy way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:07:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Holland / Newtown area is good. I work in Princeton and the commute is decent.

You looking for apartment , townhouse ,condo ,single family ?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm leaning towards townhouse or condo since I'm single, but I'm not opposed to a small single family home. I will be buying.

How long does it take you to get over the bridge and into Princeton? I work about 10 or so miles north of there.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Consider the Village 2 condos in New Hope. Here's their pool club link.

You'd be under 45 min via backroad from S Brunswick and avoid the headaches at the I-95 Scudders Falls bridge.

New Hope has lots of bars & night life for a small town.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:39:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Consider the Village 2 condos in New Hope. Here's their pool club link.

You'd be under 45 min via backroad from S Brunswick and avoid the headaches at the I-95 Scudders Falls bridge.

New Hope has lots of bars & night life for a small town.
View Quote

If you happen into a tallish brunette that dances with a crazy kick, she ain't a she, watch it.  New Hope had a diverse crowd, not the kind that mugs you.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm leaning towards townhouse or condo since I'm single, but I'm not opposed to a small single family home. I will be buying.

How long does it take you to get over the bridge and into Princeton? I work about 10 or so miles north of there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It takes me about 25-30 minutes in the morning and about 40 minutes in the afternoon .

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It takes me about 25-30 minutes in the morning and about 40 minutes in the afternoon .

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not too bad, I should definitely be able to make it to my office under an hour then from Yardley.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Falls Township is where you want to be if you are buying.  

Lowest taxes, Pennsbury School District, and municipal garbage service 2xweek  included.

I moved from Jersey about ten years ago.   I have twice the house, half the taxes and ten times the freedom.  

Recommended.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm starting to realize a single family home is definitely the way to go. I was looking at a 2 bedroom condo in Yardley that I really liked, until I found out the HOA fee is nearly $500 a month
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:43:32 PM EDT
[#13]
What people call "Yardley" is not actually only the boro of Yardley (very small) but the surrounding township which is actually Lower Makefield.

High taxes there, and very oppressive/intrusive local gubbament.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:11:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm starting to realize a single family home is definitely the way to go. I was looking at a 2 bedroom condo in Yardley that I really liked, until I found out the HOA fee is nearly $500 a month
View Quote

Oh I see you were looking at Yardley Commons, I just left there.  Run away, do not walk. I had the hardest time selling my place because of ongoing issues with the association. Looking back, it was never really worth it. If you want any details about the development feel free to PM me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Falls Township is where you want to be if you are buying.  

Lowest taxes, Pennsbury School District, and municipal garbage service 2xweek  included.

I moved from Jersey about ten years ago.   I have twice the house, half the taxes and ten times the freedom.  

Recommended.  

View Quote

I can second that recommendation!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top