Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 4:31:05 PM EDT
Good afternoon good folks of PA, I inquire your knowledge and expertise nice again.

Here's the deal, I currently live in AZ for the next 2 weeks, after which we move to our (hopefully) forever home in MontCo.
I have MetLaw (Hyatt legal ) plan through my current employer, good through my last day of employment here in AZ.

I've always wanted to get a trust set up for estate planning, but Class III/ NFA as well. Since the plan covers the cost of wills and trusts, I wanted to get it done while I still can, but that would mean getting it done here in AZ.

My question is, will my Trust established here in AZ still be good and valid in PA? I don't have any NFA items at the moment, but have a sacrificial AR pistol I can throw in there for now just to get the trust established with property. Once we're established in PA, I'd like to get some surpressors and SBRs. Would I still be able to use the AZ created trust in PA for transfers? Would I need a new trust created? Would it be a simple rewording and a quick notary to fix? Has anyone moved into PA with an out of state trust?

Thanks in advance for your input.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Just duplicate your trust with your new address.  Have it notarized.  Done.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:47:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just duplicate your trust with your new address.  Have it notarized.  Done.
View Quote

Best course of action would be to wait until you got to PA and have a trust written here by a licensed PA attorney.  That said, ToeTag's advice would probably work.  Keep in mind though, that while I am pretty sure both PA and AZ have adopted the Uniform Trust Code, there may be minor differences or changes between what the two states enacted.  If you really want to have it done now, tell your attorney to look at the trust law of your state and compare it to the UTC enacted in PA and make specific note of any differences that would affect your trust, so you can make it compliant when you get here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top