Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2015 11:46:59 AM EDT
http://www.banasarmory.com

They posted on the local PAFOA.org site and got caught shilling in this thread.

http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/272621-new-gun-manufacturer-western-pa.html

Is this a common occurrence where companies claim to manufacture their own things when in actuality, it's all assembled low end junk?  And then price it at reputable MANUFACTURER prices?

Anyway, just curious if anyone's actually bought from them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
roflmfao! a $1400 upper with the only description as " The ULTIMATE upper!! Our Patriot Series Upper!!" doesn't even come with sights for $1400 I'd personally stay away but I'm not one to purchase a complete upper/lower/rifle anyways.. for that price you could build a very high end upper from quality battle tested MFG's..
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a fishy company at all, I actually know these guys quite well and shoot with them every now and then, they are some young guys who hand build the rifles. The prices on their website are their MSRP. They actually sell their stuff for much cheaper than the site lists. I own one of their rifles, they are really nice in my opinion. I bought a "warrior" model, which is listed for like $1699 on their site. I paid $1200 out the door for it, directly from them. Pretty good deal for a BILLET rifle i thought. But again, I know them so I am biased.

A few of their guns are at SHOT SHOW, with FAB Defense I believe.

Also, heard the thread on PA Gun Owners was a hack from one of the owners friends/former salesman that was trying to promote to gain more commission. Not a smart choice and he has since been asked to leave the company by the CEO. Hard to find good help anymore.

Again, I am admittedly biased and know these guys personally. I am in their shop on a regular basis, actually typing this from there now while waiting to pick up some parts....Just saw the thread and thought Id put in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not a fishy company at all, I actually know these guys quite well and shoot with them every now and then, they are some young guys who hand build the rifles. The prices on their website are their MSRP. They actually sell their stuff for much cheaper than the site lists. I own one of their rifles, they are really nice in my opinion. I bought a "warrior" model, which is listed for like $1699 on their site. I paid $1200 out the door for it, directly from them. Pretty good deal for a BILLET rifle i thought. But again, I know them so I am biased.

A few of their guns are at SHOT SHOW, with FAB Defense I believe.

Also, heard the thread on PA Gun Owners was a hack from one of the owners friends/former salesman that was trying to promote to gain more commission. Not a smart choice and he has since been asked to leave the company by the CEO. Hard to find good help anymore.

Again, I am admittedly biased and know these guys personally. I am in their shop on a regular basis, actually typing this from there now while waiting to pick up some parts....Just saw the thread and thought Id put in my opinion.
View Quote

you joined today and this is your first post..

Throw up pictures of your rifle from them.. what are the specs? Maybe it is a good deal.. but they list ZERO information on their website as to what you're buying and they're posted prices rival LaRue, LWRC, Noveske, etc..
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Any torture test videos of the Patriot or Warrior series?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
You are correct I just joined today. I have been trying to follow new SHOT SHOW products and came across your post and decided to join and give my input since as I mentioned I know these guys and own one of their guns. This may be a dumb question but how do I update an image? Will gladly post a few pics on my gun. I agree with you tho, their website has almost no information or specs, have told them about this multiple times. Hopefully they will update it.

Anyway, a few specs on my rifle are...

Billet Upper and Lower, I got a 16inch Stainless Steel Socom profile barrel with a 1 in 8 twist, mid-length gas system, I also got a 12in free float key mod rail, it has their enhanced nickel boron trigger and BCG. 6 position, FAB DEFENSE stock and grip. (not the recoil stock, but the plain one, drawing a blank on what it is called). Mine came with ARMS sights and a nice hard case also. Oh and the muzzle break is a GAMMA. Im sure I am missing some specs tho...

Let me know how to upload some pictures and Ill post my rifle.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am not aware of any, but would be happy to ask them to do one next time I am in their shop. I haven't had my rifle long, so I can't say how well it performs yet, but I probably have shot 300 steel cased rounds through it with no issues yet.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am not aware of any, but would be happy to ask them to do one next time I am in their shop. I haven't had my rifle long, so I can't say how well it performs yet, but I probably have shot 300 steel cased rounds through it with no issues yet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you feel pretty confident that it would PASS a torture test?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, I won't swear by it just yet, its still too new for me to say but the build quality seems on par with my Daniel Defense.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.banasarmory.com

They posted on the local PAFOA.org site and got caught shilling in this thread.

http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/272621-new-gun-manufacturer-western-pa.html

Is this a common occurrence where companies claim to manufacture their own things when in actuality, it's all assembled low end junk?  And then price it at reputable MANUFACTURER prices?

Anyway, just curious if anyone's actually bought from them.
View Quote

Making the links hot because I hate having to copy and paste them:

Banas Armory

Banas Armory shill caught on PAFOA.org

Anyway, this wouldn't be the first case of people shilling their own stuff on gun forums.  Here's an example where someone was busted on here, PAFOA, and a bunch of other places but at least they fessed up, apologized, and everyone got over it:
http://forum.pafoa.org/rifles-42/17685-opinions-9mm-ars-page-2.html#post1330713

Also, I think we have a shill of our very own - probably because this discussion shows up in the first page of Google results:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=banas+armory
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:07:58 AM EDT
[#10]
First thing that I noticed was no address on either their website or their fb page that I could find.  BATFE records show a Banas Armory in Hermitage, PA and a quick google search also shows Banas Lawn Care at the same address in Hermitage.  On street view it looks like a quiet residential neighborhood.  If thats the same Banas Armory, I find it hard to believe they're making any sort of parts in someone's home or garage as they claim in the PAFOA thread where abanas2113 says:

I produce everything except the stock, grips, a few springs and the sights in house for most of my products. Some custom builds use other parts from other manufacturers such as BCM grips, Lothar Walther Barrels, etc.
View Quote

From a residential garage?  Where he also runs a lawn care company?

Really?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Again, I am admittedly biased and know these guys personally. I am in their shop on a regular basis, actually typing this from there now while waiting to pick up some parts....
View Quote

What is the address of their shop?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#12]
They are definitely full of crap.

They claim to manufacture almost every part, but it's quite obvious these guns are just sourced parts (and not very good quality parts) and then put together.

They don't make their receivers, barrels, barrel extensions, LPK's, etc.  They don't produce sights, stocks, or any other accessories.  They don't even have a CNC machine.

The guy also claims he worked with "Special Forces" on a gun, but this is his first foray into AR15s.

Complete and utter bullshit.

I challenge the person who supposedly is the customer to authenticate that Banas manufactures anything on the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:42:28 AM EDT
[#13]
LoL, they sell that $11 Chinese TAD jacket for $200.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, here's an Andrew Banas from Hermitage PA, who runs a lawn care company..

Andrew Banas?

If this is the guy, he was working with SOF on a new rifle while in Penn Statue working on a BS in Marketing.

But hey, I could be way off..
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#15]
It's amazing what people will claim.

I still can't believe they are selling rifles they claim they actually manufacture.  And they were selling them at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
More Nonsense

You'll notice his shop pictures look curiously identical to this place

http://www.chucking.com/our-equipment.html
View Quote

Good lord, makes me want to start hammering them on Facebook.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#19]
There's a whole page of muzzle "breaks" for sale on their website.  If they can't spell the accessories, I doubt they can make them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow, that is exactly the same picture.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wow, that is exactly the same picture.
View Quote

Seems to be a theme.  Look at the pic of their softshell tactical jacket here
And the Rothco jacket on Amazon here
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#25]
You know, I'll be honest, I never considered doing a reverse image search until you mentioned it.

Now I can't stop - just went and did most of the items from their "parts" page, and lo and behold, it's all lower end crap.

I know you can have items made for you, and have your name and trademark put on it, but it just seems dishonest to me to make it sound like you designed it - well, probably because it is.

It's really sad to see people trying to cash in with the whole custom AR craze - and I'm still scratching my head over the line of military rifles they "sell"..

Think we should turn GD loose on this?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#27]
According to Facebook, they are now in the process of building .308 AR's.  

LOL.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It's one thing to embellish a little to try and sound like a player in the industry in order to get people to "see you", it's another thing to base your entire operation on make believe.
View Quote

Unfortunately, there is quite a bit of make believe in the gun business/world.  I just don't get it...

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm smeling Vulcan.....Musheen gunz of the Speshul foursez !
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:30:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
They are definitely full of crap.

They claim to manufacture almost every part, but it's quite obvious these guns are just sourced parts (and not very good quality parts) and then put together.

They don't make their receivers, barrels, barrel extensions, LPK's, etc.  They don't produce sights, stocks, or any other accessories.  They don't even have a CNC machine.

The guy also claims he worked with "Special Forces" on a gun, but this is his first foray into AR15s.

Complete and utter bullshit.

I challenge the person who supposedly is the customer to authenticate that Banas manufactures anything on the rifle.
View Quote

i second this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top