Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2014 4:06:33 PM EDT
Title says it all.
Anyone know a decent place for ammo around Johnstown?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Title says it all.

View Quote
http://www.gricegunshop.com/

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Grice is sitting on a lot of decent ammo deals right now, but, it is a little bit of a road trip from Johnstown.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Grice is sitting on a lot of decent ammo deals right now, but, it is a little bit of a road trip from Johnstown.
View Quote

ok then how about Walmart or a small local gun shop?

the best deals are on the Internet
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Title says it all.
View Quote

Where are you at in the Johnstown area?

A decent place to go is Sporting Goods Discounters on Scalp Ave,  right by the fabric store. Denny the owner is a decent guy, seems to hover around 32-35 cents per round of 5.56...has decent selection of other ammo.  Heard rumors of a new shop opening downtown next to Coney Island if you know where that is  haven't been there yet, but a buddy of mine said they have an okay selection of stuff, no report on ammo though.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Grice is decently far from Johnstown. Depends on where you live in the area, but from my house in Johnstown it's nearly 2.5 hours.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been here over ten years and have yet to find a decent deal on anything.

Do you reload?  cacassociates in Ebensburg has good deals.  Used to have decent prices on ammo, but it is very hit and miss these days.

www.cacassociatesinc.com is there website, though it is rarely updated.

I would say if you are looking for 1 box of 30-30 then walmart is good, if you are looking to back up the truck on 223, online is the only option.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A decent place to go is Sporting Goods Discounters on Scalp Ave,  right by the fabric store. Denny the owner is a decent guy, seems to hover around 32-35 cents per round of 5.56...has decent selection of other ammo.  Heard rumors of a new shop opening downtown next to Coney Island if you know where that is  haven't been there yet, but a buddy of mine said they have an okay selection of stuff, no report on ammo though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Title says it all.

I'll second Sporting Goods Discounters, they have always been great to deal with. I have bought guns, ammo and have done a few transfers with them. I'll have to check and see if that new place is open in town by Coney Island. I work on the other side of town but will have to check it out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:05:08 AM EDT
[#8]
It's called Petes gun shop. It is literally right beside coney island. It has mirrored windows with PGS in red letters on them. Tuesday through Saturday they're open 10-6 if I remember right. Going there tomorrow,  I'll update this thread after I'm done
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Swung by Pete's Gun Shop this morning.  Small store there, I think its owned by the guy who owns Coney Island if I heard the guy behind the counter correctly.  They just opened on Black Friday, and have a picked over selection of things there.  I saw pictures of what they had on Black Friday and the walls were covered in guns.  Looks like a nice shop, they carry Magpul in stock, which is a nice thing.  Also, they have pretty much any AR part you could need to repair your gun.  Had a small selection of Glocks, probably 10-15 AR's, a few AK variants, an AUG, and a few bolt action hunting rifles.  They have in store a few AR lowers, which is awesome.  Didn't have to worry about availability since it was in store, and the $5 transfer was expected.  They have YHM Suppressers for sale there as well.  Makes it nice that they have everything that I've been looking at for a while now in person.  

They had some ammo as well, but I didn't take a look at it, as I was buys getting my lower wrapped up.  

This will be my new go to shop for all my gun needs.  I liked the guys behind the counter and found them more agreeable than some of the guys at Sporting Goods.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:57:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Sporting Goods Discounters is out. I just paid $10 a box for Tula 7.62 and $13 a box for PMC .223!  American Eagle black box was $15!  Might as well go to Gander mtn.
Never again. I'll look into Pete's. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 8:26:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Sporting Goods Discounters is out. I just paid $10 a box for Tula 7.62 and $13 a box for PMC .223!  American Eagle black box was $15!  Might as well go to Gander mtn.
Never again. I'll look into Pete's. Thanks guys.
View Quote

Sporting Goods has become a bunch of jackoffs in the last 2-3 months. High prices on ammo and they say their guns are discounted...but 20 bucks off msrp isn't really gonna cut it.

The last case of American Eagle I got was 175 for 500 rounds I believe.  35 cents a round isn't terrible,  but it's the upper threshold that I am willing to pay. Too bad...they just got their class 3 ffl too...but I'll be getting my new suppressor from Pete's.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:32:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Just checked out Pete's yesterday.  Took me an extra trip around the block since they don't have a sign up yet, just the letters on the door.  They seem like good guys who know what they're talking about.  Prices are good too.  Not online good, but OK.

Thanks for the tip everyone!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top