Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2014 2:43:52 PM EDT
I know you cannot hunt large game like deer and bear with an AR-15 but can you hunt small game like rabbits and things of that nature in PA
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Only found info on another forum from about 5 years ago that says you cannot.  Just want to confirm this still holds true
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
No, you can not.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, you can not.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Nyet.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 2:49:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't hunt but just curious, what about using a handgun such as an AR pistol with an arm brace?
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
You cannot hunt anything in PA with a semi auto rifle or handgun, period.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#7]
You can't hunt with a semiautomatic action, because it fires one round every time you pull the trigger without some kind of manual loading of the next round....

Revolvers are cool though, because they...     Oh wait, that doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
The revolver doesn't load the next round until you use a part of your body to turn the cylinder by either thumb cocking or pressing the trigger both of which rotate the cylinder manually and after a shot has been fired.

A true semi auto fires the current round and chambers another round with one press of the trigger.

Either way, it's all senseless and I think PA is one of the last, if not the only, state that prohibits semi auto firearms for hunting...one day, hopefully sooner than later, that will change.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd take Sunday hunting before semi auto.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:30:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You cannot hunt anything in PA with a semi auto rifle or handgun, period.
View Quote

unless you have specific handicapped issues.

I'll see if I can dig up the rule.

Semiautomatic Firearm for Big Game

(No Permit Required)

Minimum Qualifications: Amputation or total loss of use of one or both hands.

Qualified Persons May: Use a semiautomatic shotgun, rifle, or pistol to take deer or bear. Firearms must be modified to one shell in the chamber and no more than four shells in the magazine.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:31:50 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'd take Sunday hunting before semi auto.
View Quote
I don't like Sunday hunting because that's the day responsible dirtbikers ride.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top