Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2014 4:03:48 PM EDT
http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms

I did some research and was trying to see if I can carry in a hospital in PA. From what I understand is that I can carry in a hospital even if a "no guns" sign is posted

I have my FL CWP
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, the "NO GUNZ" hospital signs carry no weight of law here in PA. If they find you to be carrying, they will ask you to leave. If you don't leave they will file tresspass charges on you. Simple, don't open carry in a hospital. Concealed means concealed.

I went in to get an ultra sound and had me remove my shirt. The tech didn't bat an eye. I said I've been carrying a gun here for 24 years as a corrections officer, I see no reason to stop now. Of course I noticed the "NO GUNZ" sign AS I WAS LEAVING.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:37:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, the "NO GUNZ" hospital signs carry no weight of law here in PA. If they find you to be carrying, they will ask you to leave. If you don't leave they will file tresspass charges on you. Simple, don't open carry in a hospital. Concealed means concealed.

I went in to get an ultra sound and had me remove my shirt. The tech didn't bat an eye. I said I've been carrying a gun here for 24 years as a corrections officer, I see no reason to stop now. Of course I noticed the "NO GUNZ" sign AS I WAS LEAVING.
View Quote

Didn't see any NO GUN signs and am currently carrying my Glock 17 but no one knows.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
My late wife worked in a fertility clinic that was in a hospital and she carried in her purse. Her boss knew and one day when he had to fire an unstable employee he came to her and asked " are you carrying today????" So much for no carry hospitals. BTW it was Bryn Mawr and there were no signs there back then.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Didn't see any NO GUN signs and am currently carrying my Glock 17 but no one knows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Several years ago there was a no guns sign at Altoona Hospital that gave the ordinance (an Altoona ordinance) that said no guns were allowed in the building. I went back just recently and the sign disappeared. Perhaps someone challenged them on preemption law. The ONLY reason I wasn't carrying on that day was I was getting a stent put in my artery.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm carrying in the hospital just about every day now. They seem like they don't care even
though there is one sign posted
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I am in the same boat as you; a FL resident with a FL CWP who is in PA temporarily.  Thanks for posting this, I too was wondering if those signs carried weight of law. Good to know that they don't.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am in the same boat as you; a FL resident with a FL CWP who is in PA temporarily.  Thanks for posting this, I too was wondering if those signs carried weight of law. Good to know that they don't.
View Quote

Welcome!
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Welcome!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top