Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2014 5:34:26 PM EDT
Holy crap. Haven't been this impressed since the first time I stepped into a Cabela's. Ammo prices were not bad, a lot of stuff was the same price or within $1 of price i pay for ammo at Midway USA. Reloading, hunting gear, outdoor gear, camping gear sections are as big or bigger than anything I have seen in years.

Dear Mr Grice. Bye Bye. You just lost Blair County.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
im glad you like the rebadged dicks sportings goods since that is whom owns them
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Plan to drive over and check it out this weekend.

Just saw a commercial looks like Jep Robertson will be there this weekend and Doug Drabek.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just saw a commercial looks like Jep Robertson will be there this weekend and Doug Drabek.
View Quote

Where are they at?
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:42:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

im glad you like the rebadged dicks sportings goods since that is whom owns them
View Quote
Not a re-badged Dick's but a separate store just as Golf Galaxy is. F&S will sell ARs and handguns. Just another store to compete with Cabela's/Bass Pro/Gander... I'm a p/t guy at DSG

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not a re-badged Dick's but a separate store just as Golf Galaxy is. F&S will sell ARs and handguns. Just another store to compete with Cabela's/Bass Pro/Gander... I'm a p/t guy at DSG  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes they will have ar and handguns but the same policies as dicks. I asked my neighbor who works part time for the last 12 years  in the lodge of  dicks out of poughkeespie ny
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where are they at?
View Quote

In that plaza beside Target - where Circuit City used to be.  Behind that Montezuma mexican place/Kings.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where are they at?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where are they at?

Sierra North Plaza, 141 Sierra Drive, Altoona PA 16601.

If address is as new as I believe it is, then GPS most likely won't figure it out. It is next to Target. That should get you there if using fancy computery thingy.

As for the re-badged Dicks thing... I would estimate, at most, maybe, if I really stretch it out, 5% of what is in Field & Stream is in our local Dicks? It's like comparing Sheetz to Macy's.

Can I beat most of the prices in Field & Stream online? Yup. But then again there are a few things there I can get cheaper because of shipping fees. Worst case scenario, I will treat it like Best buy, which is really just my local Amazon show-room.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#8]
The "rebadged Dick's" thing isn't a matter of inventory, it's a question of do you want to support a company that took a "moral stand" and publicly said they would stop selling tactical rifles, screwed over a vendor and their customers who laid out money for them, and then turned around and opened new stores under the "Field and Stream" name to sell the things they said they refused to sell.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#9]
They're opening one in Camp Hill as well, in the old Toys R Us building.

I won't be shopping there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I was back in PA a couple weeks ago.  Dad said the Dick's on route 19 north of Cranberry Township was now a Field N Stream.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The "rebadged Dick's" thing isn't a matter of inventory, it's a question of do you want to support a company that took a "moral stand" and publicly said they would stop selling tactical rifles, screwed over a vendor and their customers who laid out money for them, and then turned around and opened new stores under the "Field and Stream" name to sell the things they said they refused to sell.
View Quote

This. They are owned and operated by Dicks. Field and Stream sold the name to Dicks. F&S has nothing to do with the Stores. Why is this so hard for people to understand. Dicks does not support the EBR crowed. But who am I to point this out and support outfits that support us.

http://www.post-gazette.com/business/2014/03/12/Dick-s-hyped-on-potential-of-Field-and-Stream-stores/stories/201403120026
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:36:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I heard about the store from a co-worker who lives in Altoona.. took me about 30 seconds on the internet to see who they really are, and they won't be getting a cent from me.. Actually now I have twice the reason not give them any business, since they added 'hypocrisy' to the mix.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I can meet or beat most prices they have, so, worst case for me, I will treat them like I do Best Buy, which I call "The Amazon Show Room".  

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 3:45:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Dad stopped by the other day, called and told me that he'd found me some .22LR.

Don't like Dick's, (didn't know that's who it really was at the time), but their price
did beat the shit out of what I'd been able to find beforehand, which was jack-shit.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:23:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

I agree, fuck them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top