Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2014 1:51:14 PM EDT
Would like to know about the following to start...
Schools?
The towns around there?
Hunting on public land, how much land  do I need to own to hunt on it? Shoot on it?
Places/areas to avoid.
The general make up of the areas, ie lots of hunters/shooters, public hunting land close by?
More land= less neighbors, so can I find that around that area?

Any info would be great.

Thanks, ar-15-223-556
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Hellertown is in Northhampton County and is in a particularly interesting location as you are on the outskirts of Lehigh Valley as well as Upper Bucks county.

There are good school systems around Hellertown, namely Palisades School District (where I live) and Southern Lehigh School District.  Hellertown is in Saucon Valley SD which is ok.

If you're looking for large tracts of land, you might want to consider north of the Lehigh Valley area.  I think land is a little more open and less expensive as you go north.

Are you tied to actually being in Hellertown?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
First off, Thanks for taking the time to give me some info....

No, I am not tied into Hellertown in anyway, have a friend in that area. I thought it might be a nice place to start looking. I will be visiting him in a week or two.

The schools are important to me, so that info is good to know.

Larger tracts of land is what I am after....
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If you look on Zillow and sort by Lot Size, you can probably get a good representation of what is on the market.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but a small house on about 40-50 acres is probably going to run 400k-500k just from what I browsed on Zillow.  

Without knowing how big of a lot you're looking for and budget, it's hard to be specific.

Normally in this area, shooting on your property is no problem provided you are at least 100 ft from property lines, and shooting safely.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top