Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 4:51:27 PM EDT

INTRO TO PATROLLING/CONTACT DRILLS

Date: Saturday, October 11th

Time: 9:00AM - 4:00PM  

Location: Pine Grove, PA (specific location and class details will be provided upon registration)

Prerequisites: Students will be expected to demonstrate proficient and safe use of firearms.

Cost: $200.00 per person/Teams of two or more $175 per person.

Course Format: Combination of primitive classroom instruction, practical application, followed by live-fire contact drills.

Lunch: Bring lunch. Eating during patrol operations will be covered during the class.

Course Description: INTRO TO PATROLLING/CONTACT DRILLS  is a combination of our PATROLLING I and CONTACT DRILLS courses. We have been asked to provide a training class that addresses long range, individual and team movement, combined with live-fire contact drills. The principles and techniques taught in this class are laid out so that they are applicable for individuals operating alone or up to a twelve man team.

This class will be taught utilizing the crawl, walk, run methodology. The student will conduct rehearsals, walk throughs and then team live-fire drills. The team live-fire portion of this class utilizes advanced techniques. All students will conduct team live-fire drills with a team of instructors before training with other students.

Topics Covered:

Camouflage Techniques
Formations
Halts
Rally Points
Negotiating Danger Areas
Patrol Base Operations
Reconnaissance
Equipment Selection
Intro to Individual & Team Contact Drills

What To Bring: note taking material, rifle, magazines, ammunition (no minimum) we recommend 500 rounds, load bearing equipment, assault pack or ruck, long pants, t-shirt, long sleeve top, hat, eye/ear protection, gloves, foot gear with ankle support, knee pads, folding chair & lunch.

If you have any questions please contact us: www.GMTGtactical.com/contact

Register Here: www.GMTGtactical.com/contact

Link to Our Website: www.GMTGtactical.com
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just want to put this out there as a heads up to anyone considering attending: This is a great outlet to learn from qualified instructors at an unrivaled price. Many thanks again to Whiskey and GMTG for training in the past.

Looking forward to Saturday. Hope to see other arfcommers there. Don't be the guy with all the gear who never sought the training and experience to go with it
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just want to put this out there as a heads up to anyone considering attending: This is a great outlet to learn from qualified instructors at an unrivaled price. Many thanks again to Whiskey and GMTG for training in the past.

Looking forward to Saturday. Hope to see other arfcommers there. Don't be the guy with all the gear who never sought the training and experience to go with it
View Quote

Thank you for the kind remarks - see you Saturday!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've also trained with GMTG before and will be there this Saturday. I've had only great experiences with "Whiskey" and take away a ton of knowledge from him each time and am looking forward to this since it is exactly the kind of stuff I want to know. I don't know who else will be there but there is always a fellowship and camaraderie among fellow patriots.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#4]
We have 4 slots remaining for this class.

Anyone interested in attending can IM me or contact us through our website.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Last day to sign up.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Thoroughly enjoyed this class; it was taught in a professional, but friendly, no B.S. manner.
"Whiskey" knows his material like the back of his hand because it's his bread and butter, and it shows in his teaching; the concepts presented are put forward in an easy-to-grasp fashion.
I learned a lot, wouldn't hesitate to do it again, and will definitely seek more training with GMTG in the future!
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend. It was a great day of training, drills and camaraderie with a motivated and knowledgeable group.

Be sure to keep an eye on our web site for updated photos and future classes. If you would like to discuss a customized class, please contact me via IM or through our web site.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:56:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend. It was a great day of training, drills and camaraderie with a motivated and knowledgeable group.

Be sure to keep an eye on our web site for updated photos and future classes. If you would like to discuss a customized class, please contact me via IM or through our web site.
View Quote

Thank you again for offering the course. Had a great time Saturday and learned a lot. Really appreciated the safety of the environment. Kudos to whiskey and GMTG. Everything was conducted with training magazines and chamber flags and then slowly ramped up to as far as the students felt comfortable. Was fortunate enough to be in a class with experienced individuals but really appreciated the amount of care that went into the safety of the environment had that not been the case. Thanks again to everyone who was there Saturday. Look forward to taking other GMTG courses in the future. Hope to see more arfcommers there
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:19:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a good time and met some  great people. To go with what was said, it was professional and “Whiskey” is a no BS type of guy but also very patient, down to earth and takes the time to make sure everyone understands everything that is taught. He even stayed after the class and continued to teach for hours, sharing his real world knowledge. We were doing advanced training and safety was paramount. There was no time I felt like things were ever out of control or dangerous which made for a good learning experience.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:33:19 AM EDT
[#10]
AAR: GMTG
Intro to Patrolling/Contact Drills

I took this class hoping to brush up on some skills that I haven't
used in a long time. I had learned patrolling and react to contact
during my time in the Army, but haven't used it in a few years. I was
also interested in seeing how it was adapted to civilian use as well.

The first thing I noticed was the friendly atmosphere. The instructors
were professional and very approachable. They took time and spoke with
each of us individually before the classes started. During the
introduction it was made clear that this class was to teach people to
survive in a less than ideal situation and that at no time was it to
become a “bitch session” regarding politics. I was impressed as this
was my main concern in taking a class of this nature.

Next was the safety brief. The instructors personally inspected all
firearms. Chamber flags and blue training magazines where provided and
required for the practical exercises when not on the live fire range.
The focus on safety was the best I have seen anywhere.

We spent the morning going through camouflage, patrolling techniques
and some patrol base classes followed by practical exercises. We were
given adequate time to become comfortable with each skill before
moving on to the next and at no time did I feel pushed to exceed my
comfort level.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:34:03 AM EDT
[#11]
The training was so detailed that we were shown how to conduct
“mess”/lunch in a tactical setting during the patrol base exercises.
After that we covered crossing danger areas and react to contact
drills. Those classes contained more information than I could begin to
get into here. After making sure everyone was comfortable with the
basics, we moved to the live fire range.

We confirmed zero and warmed up with various types of ready up drills.
Once everyone was comfortable and the instructors were satisfied with
our shooting skills, we moved into breaking contact drills. The
instructors did a superb job at making sure everyone was safe while
maneuvering and shooting (another one of my concerns). It was obvious
that safety was the number one priority.

We ended up going past the scheduled end time. The instructors didn’t
rush to get us on our way, but instead, stayed and spent extra time
and worked with those who wanted more. Once we wrapped up with the
drills, they hung out and went over different types of accessories,
gear and equipment.

Everything we learned was relevant to civilian use in less than ideal
situations. I had expected some sort of a regurgitation of the
military classes I had been given in the past, but it became obvious
early in the teaching that the instructors were highly trained
individuals with quite a bit of experience and had put together a
class specifically for citizens.

This class was a great experience. I learned a tremendous amount, had
a lot of fun and met some great people. I will definitely train with
GMTG again. I was extremely impressed and highly recommend them to
anyone looking for firearms and tactical training. We’re very
fortunate to have access to this caliber of training in the local
area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top