Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 1:21:05 PM EDT
I'll be heading to Lewistown this weekend for a Rimfire Challenge match - anyone have a recommendation for a good place to eat Sat. night? How about a place for breakfast on Sun.?(no fast food please)

Thanks,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Country Village Restaurant is very good for dinner: https://www.facebook.com/CVRLounge

Honey Creek Inn for breakfast: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honey-Creek-Inn/301994558471

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Definitely the Honey Creek Inn for breakfast. Go while church is in session to beat the crowds. JP Edwards, CVR lounge in Burnham, Belle Vue Inn in Reedsville, and the Downtown OIP in Lewistown are all good restaurants for dinner and a beer. If you are staying at the Quality Inn all are within 10 minutes. Enjoy the area and match.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:13:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help.

Heading out in a few hours - taking it easy - hitting a few gun shops along the way. Probably head up to Cabelas before turning back down to hit Lewistown.

Have a good weekend,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info - plans didn't go as I had hoped.

We ended up eating dinner in Lewistown at the Waterfront - good food, good service. For breakfast it was just too easy to walk to JP's (we stayed at the EconoLodge in Mifflintown). It was nice "trucker" kind of place - good food, large portions, friendly staff. (coffee could have been stronger, but it was OK )

Learned that one day a year - this area is all about a goose dinner (that was last Monday).

Hope to be back for other matches.

Take care,
Bob S
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Enough about Lewistown restaurants; how'd you like the match?
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Enough about Lewistown restaurants; how'd you like the match?
View Quote

Oh, that...  

It was a fun & challenging match - good people running it, and a bunch of good shooters on our squad. The other squads seemed to be as happy.

I shot in "Limited" - so no optics or compensators - just a Ruger 10/22 TDT rifle with a set of Williams peep sights, and a Ruger MK-II Gov't pistol - I took 4th overall & 1st place in Limited.

All in all - a good weekend.  

Take care,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there too. Nice day for a match.

Do you go to many NSSF rimfire matches anywhere else? I've only ever been to Lewistown for them.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
My local gun club holds a monthly rimfire steel match from Mar. - Nov. - it's a smaller match, usually 4 stages.

I went to the "World Championship" up in Pa. two years ago, but last year I had a family emergency that kept me near home.

My plan for next year is to hit 2-3 out of state matches as time/family/ammo allow.

I was on squad 11, where were you?

Take care,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I think that was our squad- started off at the upper range at 1:00?   PA452 was the guy with the CZ Cadet pistol, who shoots it faster than I can think.  

I was the guy with the SBR that was having ammo issues at the rifle stages at the lower 2 pits - never had it act like that more than once in a 1000 rounds, and it screws up 5 times in the same stage.     Probably won't happen again.

That was a good time, shouldn't have cleaned and lubed just before the match i guess.  

Robrat
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Hey RobRat,

I'm sure we saw each other - Squad 11 started in Bay 3 (the one with the car). I guess you were in Squad 12. Our squad had Nelson Dymond in it - one of the founders of this sport, and a great guy to hang around with.

My buddy & I were the only guys I saw there that had Ruger 10/22 TakeDown models.

For handguns, we both shot Ruger MK-II's - mine was a SS Gov't model - my buddy had a shorter, Pac-Lite upper on his.

While I didn't have a gun malfunction - I kinda screwed up stages 7/8 - trying to go too fast - speed kills!

Hope to see you on the range,
Bob S.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, we were definitely in squad 12.

I didn't feel like I was having a good day, but it went well. Last few matches I've been to I haven't had any malfunctions (knocking on wood now). If I remember correctly this match I had one, but it was at the end of a string fortunately.

I'm shooting a CZ75 SAO with Kadet adapter. Probably one of the heavier guns on the line, but I love it. Almost all of my pistol shooting anymore is with that frame, be it with a rimfire adapter or the 9mm top end.

For a rifle I was shooting a 10.5" SBR'ed AR with a Spikes Tactical rimfire upper.

I'll definitely register and going again next year if they continue with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top