Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2014 9:50:31 PM EDT
I don't usually put much weight on political polling, but a lot of the numbers are not looking good for Corbett in November. We've at least had a pretty good period of stability for gun rights with Corbett as governor. Does anyone know anything about where Tom Wolf stands on gun rights? It would be good to know since we may have to be dealing with him soon. His website has the usual "preserve gun rights, rich heritage of hunting, blah blah".
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info.  I see a lot of Wolf signs out.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't usually put much weight on political polling, but a lot of the numbers are not looking good for Corbett in November. We've at least had a pretty good period of stability for gun rights with Corbett as governor. Does anyone know anything about where Tom Wolf stands on gun rights? It would be good to know since we may have to be dealing with him soon. His website has the usual "preserve gun rights, rich heritage of hunting, blah blah".
View Quote

Yeah, don't believe it. Wolff is as anti gun as they come. Oh yeah sure, you can keep your single shot hunting rifle, single shot shotgun and bow and arrows. Everything else he wants. Handguns, rifles that fire more than one shot, shot guns that fire more than one shot, magazines that hold more than two rounds, universal background checks on ALL gun transfers, and registration (as if the PSP registration er, database isn't enough).

He won't get it though. he has to go through the legislature, and barring any significant change,  that will stay republican. The real idiot we have to get out of office is the anti-gun AG, Kunthleen Kane.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:47:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Well there ya go. Thanks.

Sounds like if we don't hold the legislature we can look forward to the "PA SAFE Act" soon.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys, it is almost October and you really don't know where Wolf stands on this yet?

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:07:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guys, it is almost October and you really don't know where Wolf stands on this yet?

View Quote

Oh I was sure he was a party line anti-liberty dem, no doubt about that. I was hoping to find out some more info about specific positions he's taken, interviews, etc.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Well he has already stated that he wants the gas company's to pay their FAIR share.
He stated he want to raise income taxes on RICH people. His definition of rich apparently is anyone making over 60K a year.
He is FOR commonsense gun laws.
He apparently is receiving money from Bloomberg per this article. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/09/22/mike-bloomberg-gun-control-group-launches-new-ads-makes-endorsements/16069445/
He is not the friend of Pa gun owners.

If this is all new to you. Then maybe it is new to your family and friends. PLEASE spread the word that we do not want this guy for the Governor of Pa.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#8]
to put it in a nutshell hes a Communist
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw a bunch of Corbett signs on a long drive yesterday, don't think I saw a single Wolf sign. But then again, I was in the country. If that same drive was any indicator Pennsylvania would have went Romney. That said, I don't really see any Wolf signs in the city either. I think I've only seen one Wolf bumper sticker.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#10]

That was my thread. I can't believe people are JUST noticing that he's been behind over 20 points all year - I have found a serious complacency from PA shooters (and competitors as I travel around PA shooting matches). Most think it "can't happen here". Look at NY. Seriously... born there, built a beautiful house in hudson valley... welI i gathered up the family, and moved out. Yup moved my family, sold my house at a loss, got outta dodge... moved to the US. REMEMBER THIS TOO... NY had a full republican majority too, nearly forever, that insulated us from most gun law stupidity... however, RINOs all of them, they rolled over to Cuomo for his SAFE act. Please, guys, Get the fuck out and VOTE bring everyone in your family... IT CAN FUCKING HAPPEN HERE. I love it here and don't want to move again.
Mike B
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep you hit the nail on the head. Pa could easily become the step child of nys. The killer is Philly and Pittsburgh. You need to convince all the communist to move to NYS or NJ
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:26:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Tag for info.  I see a lot of Wolf signs out.
View Quote

when I see them on public land I kick them ??
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 6:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]

All Responding Candidates Support Gun Violence Prevention; Two Unequivocally Supported
Every Proposal Presented.
The responding candidates each supported at least 79% of the gun violence prevention measures
presented for their consideration. By unequivocally supporting every proposal, Katie McGinty and
Allyson Schwartz demonstrated broader support for a comprehensive attack on gun violence.4
Significantly, Rob McCord and Tom Wolf unequivocally supported many of the presented policy
measures and, while raising questions about some of the proposals, did not oppose any. McCord
supported 16 out of 19 (84%) proposed policy measures, and Wolf supported 15 out of 19 (79%).
McCord and Wolf each raised questions or hesitated to give full support for a few important policy
proposals, but each still demonstrated strong support for measures to prevent gun violence.
View Quote

CeaseFirePA article
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 7:34:43 AM EDT
[#14]
anyone have the graph that was shown in a different thread with break down of school funding by governor over the years? I need to show to my libtard sister
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
anyone have the graph that was shown in a different thread with break down of school funding by governor over the years? I need to show to my libtard sister
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Some polls have Corbett within 9 points, please do what you can to drag friends to the polls to vote. Wolf will be a disaster.
Mike B
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#18]
WOLF  opposes eliminating the duplicative Pennsylvania Instant Criminal Background Check System to instead rely on the commonly used National Instant Criminal Background Check System
View Quote

How is this a bad thing? I mean, other than giving the state police a registration, er DATABASE on gun owners, their addresses, type of gun, etc.......

ETA:  I see, he opposes getting rid of it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:39:10 PM EDT
[#19]
we screwed
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 12:36:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
we screwed
View Quote

No, we're screwed if the legislature turns democrap.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#21]
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/politics-state/2014/10/18/Survey-shows-Wolf-s-lead-over-Corbett-cut-to-seven-percentage-points/stories/201410180050

Get out and vote!
Mike B
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:01:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm trapped behind enemy lines in Philly...
Not a single Corbett sign to be found around here in the Northeast...
Wolf is going to take the city with more than 90% of the vote, easily..
The School Reform Commission cancelling the Teachers' Union contract (which was the right thing to do) is the last nail in the coffin..
The union zombies are so mad and energized they'll get 110% turnout again... (not a typo)

I just sickens me how these idiots really believe the crap coming out of their mouths when they blame Corbett for all of Philly's woes..  They are completely incapable of even considering that the corrupt city council and union bosses that THEY THEMSELVES KEEP REELECTING are the ones to blame...

Can we just give Philly to NJ and P-burgh to Ohio and keep the rest of the state free?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm trapped behind enemy lines in Philly...
Not a single Corbett sign to be found around here in the Northeast...
Wolf is going to take the city with more than 90% of the vote, easily..
The School Reform Commission cancelling the Teachers' Union contract (which was the right thing to do) is the last nail in the coffin..
The union zombies are so mad and energized they'll get 110% turnout again... (not a typo)

I just sickens me how these idiots really believe the crap coming out of their mouths when they blame Corbett for all of Philly's woes..  They are completely incapable of even considering that the corrupt city council and union bosses that THEY THEMSELVES KEEP REELECTING are the ones to blame...

Can we just give Philly to NJ and P-burgh to Ohio and keep the rest of the state free?
View Quote

Amen to that. I actually want to divert the Delaware river to go the other way around Philthy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Guys we need to get out and vote! I'm voting for Corbett! Who's with me
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:58:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Before you go and try to give Pittsburgh away to Ohio. Remember 1 thing, Corbett is from this area. So all is not lost over here.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:05:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll vote for him too. Though he'll probably lose. LOTS of low info voters in philthy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll vote for him too. Though he'll probably lose. LOTS of low info voters in philthy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Hmmm,

Tom Wolf says no to extortion

Maybe this will keep turnout low in Philly.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, I voted for Corbett. I'll be damned if I was going to vote for the Edgar Snyder look alike.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Wolf will win this guys - Corbett is done. The majority of the population of this state lives in Philly and Pittsburgh and 90% of those people are voting Wolf - no doubt about it.

I hate to be so pessimistic, but I'll be shocked if Wolf loses this.

All we can do is hope the rest of our state government doesn't turn commie.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Right on.

The focus should be on stopping or stymieing him with uncooperative houses.  How are those shaping up?

I think we're gonna do GREAT on the federal side.  

/Fargo007
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I voted for Corbett.

I'm thinking (hoping) that a lot of of this mid term election is bringing out mostly GOP voters wanting to send a message.

There is a good chance Corbett will ride that coat tail...could be wrong, but lets hope not.

Even so, so long as the PA state leg. stays GOP we should be ok even if the communist gun grabber dem* wins.

*All dems are either gun grabbers of future lying gun grabbers, there are no exceptions.

If you live in PA and have not voted yet, please get out there and do so, it only takes few minutes.

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Straight R Ticket.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:17:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Ughh
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:25:42 PM EDT
[#36]
How is the assembly looking?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:27:39 PM EDT
[#37]
There arentt any precincts reporting... how did they call it 15 mintues ago?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only thing I saw declaring Corbett's defeat was on Huffpo
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exit polls, which are usually pretty accurate, but have been way off on occasion.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fox called it at 8:05 or whatever.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:16:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Good luck former PA Republicans.
Wait for the "extraction tax" and "windfall tax" on the oil and gas companies.
With the low price of oil this will be quickly followed by well shut in's and jobs going bye bye.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Fuck Wolf
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone have a good link for info on the state house/senate races?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Good luck former PA Republicans.
Wait for the "extraction tax" and "windfall tax" on the oil and gas companies.
With the low price of oil this will be quickly followed by well shut in's and jobs going bye bye.
View Quote

Followed shortly by higher taxes to pay for the underfunded pensions wait wait wait that is higher taxes for education.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:30:51 PM EDT
[#46]
I just moved to this state to get away from the fucking ridiculous laws. Looks like I'll be moving again in a year or so. Fuck this shit.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just moved to this state to get away from the fucking ridiculous laws. Looks like I'll be moving again in a year or so. Fuck this shit.
View Quote

Same here but you cant keep moving. Death by a thousand cuts and such. While the gov may be a progressive, the house and senate look to be staying R with the exception of a few. Make sure your reps know who you are and that youre paying attention. My line in the sand has been drawn in PA.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#48]
If i'm reading the results right it looks like the Rs are on track to pick up a couple of state senate seats. I guess that could change quick though. http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2014/11/the_state_senate_2014_whats_at.html#incart_river_default
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

The House/Senate should stay red.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Wolf will be as much a lame duck for 4 years as FBHO will be the next 2...

Tough being a liberal puppet Governor when you have a red House & Senate...

We're basically looking at 4 years of "gridlock" and more Union (PSEA) butthurt and whining that the other 56 counties aren't doing enough to bail out Philly..

So sad to look at the county by county results and see all the DOPES that voted for Wolf...  They must WANT to give their $$$ to the failure know as Philadelphia..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top