Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2014 10:29:59 PM EDT
Hi,

We are putting out some feelers for a rather unique match series we are contemplating.  

The series would consist of four matches and a finale.  

Eligible firearms would be:

1 - Pistol caliber carbines of any kind.  

2 - 300blk firearms firing SUBSONIC ammunition only.

3 - Any .22LR style carbine with appropriate magazines and such.  

Select fire arms can participate in semi-auto mode.  

Courses of fire would include scored drills and official Q courses, as well as scenario based problem solving stages.  

Pistol would be required for every match.  

Scoring models will vary from match to match but the series points will accrue based on percentage of the winning shooter.  e.g.

If the winning shooter scored a 500 and the second place shooter scored a 450, the winner gets 100 points and the second place shooter gets 90.  

Or in a comstock match if the winner's score is 175 and the second place shooter scores 152, their series points would be 0.885714286.  Hey - the spreadsheet does the math....  

Lowest score is dropped, and the top shooters (however many we feel we can sustain) proceed to the finals.   The series score plus the final match score comprise the total series score.  

We hope to have at least three match directors to provide different flavors to every match.  

If you are interested, please sound off and indicate which category of firearm you would most likely be shooting with.  

Thanks!

/Fargo007

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds cool and I would be interested, time permitting. I'd be shooting either a Beretta CX-4 Storm or TNW Suomi, both in 9mm. Might be interested in using my 10/22, as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I would be very interested.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I suppose I would be interested too.  I would use an M&P 15-22.

At the same time, I'm already pretty booked with USPSA 1st Sat, IDPA/2-gun 2nd Sat., 3-gun 3rd Sat. and 2-gun again on 4th Sat. so it depends on which day and months it is held on.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#4]
In, 9mm ar suppressed sbr or 300 blk sbr suppressed,. decisions, decisions..
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#5]

.32 ACP reporting in!

Edit: if I can't knock down a steel silhouette, can I advance based in metalic tings?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.thenewrifleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/DSCF1566-1024x768.jpg

.32 ACP reporting in!

Edit: if I can't knock down a steel silhouette, can I advance based in metalic tings?
View Quote

hay hay hay....   If you shot me with a .32acp (and I found out about it)  I'd be MAD.   LOL - We will have a guy with a suppressed 45 there to back you up.    

Most of the steel I envision is not going to require knockdowns.   There might be some but I wouldn't worry about it.  

/Fargo007
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
now thats a fun little QCB piece....hehe

Quoted:
http://www.thenewrifleman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/DSCF1566-1024x768.jpg

.32 ACP reporting in!

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#8]
It SCREAMS Eastern Europe.  

Especially to me being part Slovak.  

I'm going to want to send a few with that thing if it appears.    

/Fargo007

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 11:15:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Where would the match take place?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:11:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Where would the match take place?
View Quote

It would be a five match series, taking place at NHRPC (http://nhrpc.org).

/Freddy
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Some initial ideas for themes include:

"Yankee White" - a match with stages based on VIP/close protection scenarios.

"VBSS" - Visit, Board, Search, Seizure.   As much as we're able to simulate a shipboard adventure, we'll try.  

"The Killing House" - We will create a training shoot house that won't come very close to challenging the infamous one at Credenhill used by the SAS, but I promise:   it will be the best one on Meetinghouse Road for sure.  

"Gen-Italia 069 Heavy" - A hijacked aircraft has landed.   All the challenges that can come with that will be there.  No seriously...  It's a merger between general electric and alitalia airlines.  

"Deniable Operations" - <?>

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Yea I want to bring it, but I have had NO luck with matches meeting my schedule this year.

3/4 matches, (including this upcoming OCT 2 gun match) have been on my scheduled weekends.

And the last time I made it to one, I had to leave for a family emergency / ER visit.

It likes hot eastern Europe ammo btw. Chokes on our American stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:05:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds awesome!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#14]
yes , does sound awesome
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:20:52 AM EDT
[#15]
I would definitely be interested.  I would probably shoot my suppressed SBR KRISS Vector in 45 ACP.  Since a pistol is also required for the match instead of one of my 45's it would be fun to use my SBR'd Scorpion since it comes with a holster.

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow, those are some nice rigs.  

I shot a kriss but it was a nerfed version.  Even so, it was a good shooter.  

I have a buddy who is a fellow instructor that owns one of those target holding robots that you can drive around.  I don't know how else to describe it but that's what it does.  If you guys can manage not to damage it, I might be able to get that bad boy included in the festivities.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm interested.  Would be using a sig braced 10" AR pistol in 7.62 Tok.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top