Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2014 9:40:41 PM EDT
I'm looking to get some stuff done. Any recommendations on where to take it?

State College area
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, you're in luck. Just down the street from me.

Raystown Guns and Outdoors

Just about any color you want too.

Should be a 20-30 minute drive for you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I will vouch for the guys at Raystown too, they do some awesome cerakote work in just about any color you can imagine.  I have dealt with them a good bit and have always been happy.

Also, there is a small shop just outside State College that might be able to do what you need.  Ron has a small repair/custom shop.  Shoot him an email at [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will vouch for the guys at Raystown too, they do some awesome cerakote work in just about any color you can imagine.  I have dealt with them a good bit and have always been happy.

Also, there is a small shop just outside State College that might be able to do what you need.  Ron has a small repair/custom shop.  Shoot him an email at [email protected]

View Quote

Is Ron Xringshooter on PAFOA? i posted this over there too and someone mentioned him. Does he hold an FFL? I want to get a lower done. Have you seen any of his cerakote work?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is Ron Xringshooter on PAFOA? i posted this over there too and someone mentioned him. Does he hold an FFL? I want to get a lower done. Have you seen any of his cerakote work?
View Quote

Yup Xringshooter is Ron.
Yup he holds an FFL.
Yup, I have seen several of his cerakote jobs in person.  He has a great attention to detail and will make sure you are happy.  His cerakotes I have seen are even, good even color and are just nicely done.
Same can be said for Raystown too - can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, now I just need to decide on a color.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm having a carbon steel Kahr K9 done now by Raystown Guns and Outdoors. I went with a reverse two tone finish for it (silver grip frame, black slide). If it turns out well, I'll have my other stainless steel Kahr K9 done the same way (black slide). I'll post pictures when I get it back.

The reason for doing this is the Kahr's blued finish, frankly sucks. The gun has seen very little usage by me and you can tell the gun is starting to get holster burns on the muzzle end. I want a finish a little more durable than the standard bluing. They're charging me $180 for the whole gun. I'll find out what they'll charge me for just the slide on my stainless K9.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm having a carbon steel Kahr K9 done now by Raystown Guns and Outdoors. I went with a reverse two tone finish for it (silver grip frame, black slide). If it turns out well, I'll have my other stainless steel Kahr K9 done the same way (black slide). I'll post pictures when I get it back.

The reason for doing this is the Kahr's blued finish, frankly sucks. The gun has seen very little usage by me and you can tell the gun is starting to get holster burns on the muzzle end. I want a finish a little more durable than the standard bluing. They're charging me $180 for the whole gun. I'll find out what they'll charge me for just the slide on my stainless K9.
View Quote

Please do post pictures when you get the gun back. I'm very interested in the quality of their work.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Raystown has tons of cerakote pictures up on their Facebook page too.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never had any gunsmithing or coatings done by him, but have at least 2 transfers through him ($20 btw). Great guy, easy to deal with. Seen some of his work while I was there, looked good.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Please do post pictures when you get the gun back. I'm very interested in the quality of their work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Here it is:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top