Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2014 11:28:05 AM EDT
From FOAC:

ACTION ALERT!! - HB 2011 Pre-Emption!

Your help is needed!

Kim Stolfer (FOAC) had a call with legislators last week. Rep Mike Turzai has committed to move HB 2011. This bill strengthens pre-emption by providing for standing and compensation of expenses in the event a local law needs to be challenged that conflicts with State gun laws. Corbett said he will sign if it is put on his desk in the remaining 11 days left to the legislative session.

PLEASE do the following 3 simple things on Tues-Wed.

1) call your State Rep and ask him/her to support HB2011 for a vote without amendments.

2) Call your State Senator and ask him/her to support the Senate equivalent of HB2011 without amendment when it comes to the senate for a vote

3) Call Senator Stewart Greenleaf who chairs judiciary and ask him to allow the senate version of HB2011 to be put up for a vote without amendments.

You can get contact information for your rep and senator at FOAC's upgraded website. https://foac-pac.org/
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Update! I emailed my Rep and Senator. Already heard from my Rep!.

Thanks for the note supporting HB 2011. I am in complete agreement! Mauree G
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The Libtards are terrified of it!  It must be a good bill.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Libtards are terrified of it!  It must be a good bill.
View Quote

Heard from my state senators aide, I was reminded that my senator is a cosponsor of the senate version.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:00:50 AM EDT
[#4]
ACTION NEEDED: This was Posted on State Rep Brad Roae's FB Page yesterday (9/16/2014):

We will be voting on a pro gun rights bill today or tomorrow. HB 2011 would clarify that gun laws are done at the state level and not local level. When a city like Philadelphia passes a city law that violates the PA Constitution and PA statewide gun laws, people could sue. If the win, the municipality would pay their legal bills. As could be expected, the Democrats have filed over 100 anti gun amendments to the bill. Repealing the Castle Doctrine, serial numbers on all shell casings, one gun a month limit on purchases, etc. and other anti gun rights amendments have been filed. I have always voted no on gun control. We all know that criminals will not follow laws and it would make it harder for law abiding citizens to defend themselves.
View Quote

If you are a PA Resident, Have a PA LTCF, or a reciprocal agreement via your own state CCDW, or just care about Gun Rights In General, call your rep, or call many!!

PA Representatives
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I just spoke to my local Representative's Legislative Aide- She said Gov. Corbett asked that they not bring this to a vote right now due to that asshole shooting the Trooper...I suppose because it puts us in a bad position poltically.

She is supposed to call me back with more info.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent an email to my rep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top