Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2014 9:28:59 PM EDT
so i had this idea
i really want to try out some firearms because theyre wayyyy to expensive to buy before you know if you like them

so i had this idea what if people could post guns they own and others could see that and post guns they own and both parties could try out guns that they aren't familiar with at an agreed on range

people obviously keep in mind safety

What I own:
10.5 Pistol AR with sig brace
16" Colt 6940
Saiga 7.62x39 converted
Ruger 10/22 Takedown
Mosin M44
mossberg 600at

What I would like to shoot:
Scar-h
M1A
Any full auto lol
Any suppressed lol
Ak based in 5.45
M1 Garand
any mp5 type gun
Kriss Vector
Glock 17
FNX .45

but please post stuff on what you have (and are willing to let others shoot at a range) and what you want to shoot

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:20:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the big issue for me at least is a public record of what I have.  Perhaps I have a thicker tin foil hat than needed.  

I just moved to PA from FL and we used to have a Arfcom meet-up about every 6-8 weeks that was themed.  We would agree on a theme (rimfire, NFA only, quietest vs loudest (worst guy to be next to @ the range), wood-stock, we even did an ice cream social, etc). It would allow us to get out of mom's basement and see sunshine.  We'd meet @ a range, waste some hard earned money sharing toys etc then retire to a local restaurant to have a bite and a beer with  meet like minded folks.  It also allowed team members to get to know each other and build trust for such an exchanges as you reference.  

Not sure the viability of organizing something like that in the Pitt area but open on this end.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#2]
F'ing Ipad dupe
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:08:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
F'ing Ipad dupe
View Quote

haha, yup i hate touch screens, don't get me wrong i like my samsung but for typing out anything more than 2 sentences, I need a keyboard
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think the big issue for me at least is a public record of what I have.  Perhaps I have a thicker tin foil hat than needed.  

I just moved to PA from FL and we used to have a Arfcom meet-up about every 6-8 weeks that was themed.  We would agree on a theme (rimfire, NFA only, quietest vs loudest (worst guy to be next to @ the range), wood-stock, we even did an ice cream social, etc). It would allow us to get out of mom's basement and see sunshine.  We'd meet @ a range, waste some hard earned money sharing toys etc then retire to a local restaurant to have a bite and a beer with  meet like minded folks.  It also allowed team members to get to know each other and build trust for such an exchanges as you reference.  

Not sure the viability of organizing something like that in the Pitt area but open on this end.
View Quote

That would certainly be cool, we would just need enough people, however I'm from the south eastern part so I can't really make a drive that far
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That would certainly be cool, we would just need enough people, however I'm from the south eastern part so I can't really make a drive that far
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'd be nice to have separate Eastern, Central and Western PA Arfcom meetup; I'm sure there are quite a few Arfcommers that attend the NHRPC and LRGC 2 gun and practical matches.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It'd be nice to have separate Eastern, Central and Western PA Arfcom meetup; I'm sure there are quite a few Arfcommers that attend the NHRPC and LRGC 2 gun and practical matches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole state of Florida would be insane.  Florida is about 7 hours long N-S.  You cross the boarder from Georgia and it's 3 hours to the Rat.  We were 3 hours south and on the west coast.  We were 30-40 guys in 2 counties and maybe got schedules to mesh for 20/shoot.  Need a range and a restaurant then pick a date and post on PA-HTF move the date if we need to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top