Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 1:42:00 PM EDT
Didn't see this posted but here you guys go.

Prince Law Blog

Examiner.com Article
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting read.  Any background on what spurred the lawsuit?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Noice.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
John Doe, et al. v City of Philadelphia
View Quote

Awesome case name.......

and not confiscating a firearm or LTCF unless an officer has probable cause to believe it is evidence of a crime,
View Quote

Something tells me, it's going to be awhile until they actually enforce this one.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean that the city will now have to actually issue CCW permits?  I have a buddy that lives in the city and the sheriff makes it damn near impossible to get a permit.  He eventually ended up getting an Arizona permit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean that the city will now have to actually issue CCW permits?  I have a buddy that lives in the city and the sheriff makes it damn near impossible to get a permit.  He eventually ended up getting an Arizona permit.
View Quote

1). Well, tell your buddy that an Arizona permit is no good. If he is a resident of PA he has to get a PA permit.

2). The Chief of Police issues the permits in philthadelphia, not the Sheriff.

3). tell him to move out of that s***hole if he wants a permit. If he has so much as a parking ticket they will deny him.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1). Well, tell your buddy that an Arizona permit is no good. If he is a resident of PA he has to get a PA permit.

3). tell him to move out of that s***hole if he wants a permit. If he has so much as a parking ticket they will deny him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should be doing that to all the communist officials also.. You cant hold office even if you have on ticket.. Whats good for the goose should be good for the gander.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
He got the permit a couple years ago when we still had reciprocity...maybe it was Utah, don't really remember.

Whoever issues the permits gives everyone a hard time.  Where I live, it's the county sheriff.  I assumed it was the same in Philly, I don't really worry about it because I don't live there

I have no idea why he lives there.  For the money he makes and what his wife must make (Ph.D. in Chemistry for a pharm. co.) they can definitely afford to live elsewhere.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top