Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2014 9:21:17 PM EDT
My older parents, my 13 yo nephew and myself in Philly tomorrow, 1st time here. Looking for tips on things to see, or what not waste time on.
Any advice on how to manuver around the city also welcome.
Just saw Harpers Ferry, and Gettysburg.
Many thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Liberty Bell area has some good historic stuff.  The Rocky statue if you're into that, and some museum behind it.  Across the river the Camden Aquarium is good, just don't get lost on your way to or from it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Gino's vs Pats, eat at both and argue for the rest of your life which one was better.

Love Park. The quintessential Philly icon everyone loves to take pictures of. I will warn you, the sign (and "park" )are a lot smaller than expected, bordering disappointing.

Chinatown, if you're coming from somewhere that doesn't have one.

If you're up for a two plus hour drive each way I'll suggest the Harley Davidson factory Tour in York, PA. I used to be a "Harley's are played out" kinda guy, took the tour, and now I'm a believer. (Although my wallet currently keeps me on my V Star for the time being) plus you can check out Lancaster on your way back.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Reading Terminal Market for lunch and people watching
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#4]
If your going to eat a cheese steak eat Claymont steak shop in Claymont Delaware right off 495. Everyone from philly will tell you to eat a cheese steak outside of philly. My fav philly sight? USS UNITED STATES on Delaware ave.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top