Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2014 9:07:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Your hotlink is busted.

Link to Bill

This Bill looks like a good first step for removing the restrictions in PA.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Please let this pass. Would be better if it included big game, but a small step is better than none I suppose. No semi law and handgun registry need to go.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Great first step.  I would love to hunt with my ar.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Great! Let's push hard for this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]
What kind of pushing is necessary to ensure this passes?  Who needs to be pushed?  Who has been the obstacle in the past that we need to make sure gets out of the way?
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great first step.  I would love to hunt with my ar.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I found it very ironic that the house bill is 2230

Especially since it allows up to .223.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#10]

I came to Alaska from Crawford Co twenty years back, hauled all my guns up through Canada and they didn't even open my trailer door, wouldn't try that today I guess, but not heading back south either.

Up here, we hunt everything with ARs, I don't even drag the 556s out of the gun vault anymore. Have 6.8s, 338 fed, and 308s. Luv hunting off snowmachine with two points.  I wouldn't last 2 hrs in Pa, last time back was in 97, no plans in the future. You all should get out to better places while ya still can.  No joke, it ain't normal back in Pa.  Taxes, control, freedom is all fouled up back there.  There are much better places to call home, no joke, I ain't kidding either.

I'll try to post some AR hunting picts.

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:21:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 12:23:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Hope you all enjoyed my picts, It's way different up here in Alaska, way more freedom, better hunting too.
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hope you all enjoyed my picts, It's way different up here in Alaska, way more freedom, better hunting too.
View Quote
I'll take our weather though, but looks like good fun.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Please let this pass. Would be better if it included big game, but a small step is better than none I suppose. No semi law and handgun registry need to go.
View Quote

It's not a registry. Registration is illegal under PA state law. Under PA CSA Title 18 section 6111.4 ( Link ) it is illegal for anyone to keep a registry of firearms in this state.

A database on the other hand is perfectly legal.....
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I attended the Game and Fish committee meeting this Tuesday and can readily identify the problem: it moves WAY TOO SLOW because they meet for a SINGLE STINKING HOUR THREE TIMES A YEAR at most!   Worse, they only spoke on a single bill this time.  I had a presentation ready to deliver but clearly they're single subject only at a time, and only ONE report was delivered..  It's great that they're nice, apparently fairly smart, and by being slow it has stalled any bad bills that could have otherwise come through, but holy crap it's hard to get any kind of business done.  It's bad enough that the only way people can even see things firsthand is to take time out during the workday, drive to Harrisburg, etc. but to not even have time for any active citizen to participate is...troubling.  Again, good that it keeps the Bloomberg shills out too but damn it keeps us out too.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:45:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Just sent the following email:

Good afternoon Rep. Turzai,

I would like to ask you to help get HB2230 out of committee for a vote by the House so that it can be put into effect in this legislative session.  This bill is highly beneficial to individual Pennsylvanians both from the consumer side as well as the business side, as numerous businesses here in the state would benefit greatly from increased sales if it is enacted.  There is no cost or downside, purely a removal of an artificial and pointless impediment to the market that currently benefits no one.  Please act on this immediately.

Sincerely,

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice.  Sounds like progress.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:12:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I emailed my rep.  If everyone would take a minute and email your respective reps this should definitely pass.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 7:00:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Havent been on in a while and just saw this. I shot an email to my rep today. Hope this goes through.
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 12:51:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Emailed my rep. His response was the following:

"Hi ****, don't worry I am a cosponsor to that bill and also, my bill 2333 would authorize hunting with semi auto for everything.  We are only one of two states that does not authorize it.

All the best,

Rick Saccone"

Seems like we need to support HB 2333 as well.

HB 2333
Link Posted: 8/4/2014 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#26]
New transplant checking in and sending an email to those involved.  Hope we get to the 1940's.  I can hunt in NY with my semi's....
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 6:55:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Good afternoon Rep. Doyle Heffley,

I would like to ask you to help get HB2230 out of committee for a vote by the House so that it can be put into effect in this legislative session. This bill is highly beneficial to individual Pennsylvanians both from the consumer side as well as the business side, as numerous businesses here in the state would benefit greatly from increased sales if it is enacted. There is no cost or downside, purely a removal of an artificial and pointless impediment to the market that currently benefits no one. Please act on this immediately.

Sincerely,

I just sent out a email to my local Rep. as well. I would love to see semi-auto rifles allowed for hunting in Pennsylvania.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good afternoon Rep. Doyle Heffley,

I would like to ask you to help get HB2230 out of committee for a vote by the House so that it can be put into effect in this legislative session. This bill is highly beneficial to individual Pennsylvanians both from the consumer side as well as the business side, as numerous businesses here in the state would benefit greatly from increased sales if it is enacted. There is no cost or downside, purely a removal of an artificial and pointless impediment to the market that currently benefits no one. Please act on this immediately.

Sincerely,

I just sent out a email to my local Rep. as well. I would love to see semi-auto rifles allowed for hunting in Pennsylvania.
View Quote

I never got a response back but now in am getting junk emails from Doyle Heffley
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
sent !  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top