Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2014 2:00:00 PM EDT
Going on a walking tour this weekend that starts at the constitution center in Philly.  We're going to stop and check out a few places and maybe the constitution center after.  I hate being unarmed while in the city, so I really would like to be carrying but wasn't sure if that was a .gov building or not.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
The Constitution Center is a no go inside the buildings.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I would be very careful anywhere near old city.  There is something like 20 acres that are technically under the control of the National Park Service, and carrying a weapon is not allowed there.  From what I have read, this would make me think twice about carrying near any of the monuments (constitution center, liberty bell, independence Hall), their adjacent parks, and even the streets that run between them.  

You might be able to argue that Chestnut Street between 4th and 5th is City Property, not National Park Service land, but you'd be doing your arguing in a Federal Court house if it came to that.

Be very careful when deciding where to carry in that area.

EDIT
Looks like its 55 acres, and that the law on carrying in National Parks may have changed in 2010.  So the above may no longer be true, but it was certainly the case a few years back
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:47:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Constitution Center is a no go inside the buildings.
View Quote

And you can't exercise your constitutional rights in the constitution center.

Its like a bad joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top