Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2014 7:04:14 PM EDT
In the past I've just shot at indoor ranges or paid for the day to use an outdoor range (with a max range of 100 yards), but seeing as how I'm more interested in long guns I've been thinking it would be beneficial for me to become a member of a club that has a nice long rifle range.

Are there any long distance (at least 300 yards) ranges that are within 1 hour (max) drive of the Quakertown/Allentown area?

I'm just starting to get into precision shooting and would very much like a place where I can stretch the legs of these rifles (100 yards is fun, but I'd like to try shooting further if possible).
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ontelaunee.org/

Private club in New Tripoli, nice folks, ranges to 300.

W

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.ontelaunee.org/

Private club in New Tripoli, nice folks, ranges to 300.

W

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I'll second this. I was never personally a member, but I would go with my friend as a guest on occasion. It's quite large and has a fair amount of things to do.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a state range in Jim Thorpe, you just need a PA huntig license or you can buy a range pass for $30/year.  It has two 300 yard lanes.  I will be taking a couple weekdays off in May to check it out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Topton Fish & Game isn't far at all.
It's less than a mile from me actually.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been to Topton, it is nice, except when I was there there their 200 yard range was one long walk through mud, and the branches had overgrown the shooting benches. Although, if it ewas a mile away, i'd shoot there, too!

I'll +1 Ountelaunee.  300 Yards, covered benches, and a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:07:26 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 for jim thorp.  The wife and i go there a few times a year to use the 300 yard range.  never been crowded when we were there and never had any safety issues.  The only bad thing about the state game lands ranges is the rules about the amount of ammo allowed in the mag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top