Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2012 11:53:54 AM EDT
I hear some bad things about service at Grices, but today they came though great for me.  My dad and I went up yesterday because they had left hand Savages on sale for $479.  When we got there we saw they had Remington 700SPSs on sale for $549.  Plus they were giving $30 Rembucks good on any rem merch in the place.  And a $40 mail in rebate from the factory! Well that was an easy choice!
Long story short, we got home and put a scope on it and it was at that point that I found I had a 7mm08 instead of the 243 I paid for.  So this morning I head back to Clearfield (a one hour one way trip for me).
Figured out that some lackey at Remington put the wrong gun in the 243 box because the ser. numbers matched on both.  The manager was very apologetic and asked what they could do to make it good.
I said that $30 more Rembucks would be fair, and he throws me a card for $40!   And then tells me to pick anything in the place, not just Remington stuff.
Asked me several more times if that was enough and was there anything else.  Service both days was quick and I had several people ask me if I was being taken care of.  
It may be a bit of a trip for me to make, but I will be buying more stuff from them!  Just really nice that a store that big and busy took care of me so well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats really good customer service.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 1:47:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yep.

Can't say I have ever brought home the wrong caliber gun, but I did buy a case of 20 gauge by accident. Fortunately I realized this before leaving the store and was able to simply switch it for the 12 gauge I intended to buy. It really is embarrassing when you overlook the smallest of things but it happens

Just another reminder to always look over the gun as thoroughly as possible
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 3:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Other than the service, I never had much of a problem with them. Earlier this year I picked up a holster for my Serbu Super Shorty from them. Nothing like whipping out a shotgun with a 6 5/8 barrel to get their attention.

About two weeks ago I went up there and bought this:

Nice gun. Unreal accuracy.

Serivce was excellent also (once I found out where they had the handguns).
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Can't say I have ever brought home the wrong caliber gun, but I did buy a case of 20 gauge by accident. Fortunately I realized this before leaving the store and was able to simply switch it for the 12 gauge I intended to buy. It really is embarrassing when you overlook the smallest of things but it happens

Just another reminder to always look over the gun as thoroughly as possible

That was a first for me also!  The box said 243, the price tag said 243 and the company hang tag said 243.  I checked everything BUT the damned gun!  Turned out good though.  Took a couple buddies along this time and one bought a little Taurus PT22 for his daughter.  Had some fun and learned a lesson to ALWAYS CHECK THE FREAKIN GUN!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top