Site Notices
8/29/2014 9:08:28 PM
Author
Team Member
Posted: 4/2/2003 10:03:32 PM
Does anyone remember this place?

Three locations that I remember,Roosevelt Blvd Phila, Rt309 Montgomerville, Rt130 New Jersey. Best,well stocked store I ever seen, They had at least one of everything, hopefully Cabelas that is comming to Reading,will stock a variety of firearms and shooting supplies.
NRA life - GOA member
slidestop
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/3/2003 8:30:46 PM
I remember them well. I bought my first handgun from them way back when I turned 18. It's funny you title your post *Edelmans The Best Gun Store EVER*. Even till this day when I walk through the doors of a new gun shop and look around I say to myself , This aint no Edelmans. They sure spoiled me and my view on the competition.

I sure miss that place. All those display cases of handguns,they seem to go on forever. Finding your way around those racks of holsters was like looking into a jungle. Ahhh! Those memories of days gone by when there was no such thing as Per ban. I don't know whether to be bummed out or pissed off that you mentioned this subject. J/K Thanks for run down memory lane.
Buy American!Hire American!Tough times don't last Only Tough guys do!
Have you been to
armabill
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/3/2003 8:59:19 PM
There was one in Newtown Square too. I still have my Marlin 336C that I got new from the Montgomerville store for $64.

I liked the ammo sales that they had also. Yes, I do miss Edelman's.
Princeton
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2003 8:03:03 AM
[Last Edit: 4/7/2003 8:06:15 AM by Princeton]
I recall the place on Roosevelt Blvd & the one on Rt 309.
Visited both and was treated to some of the most unfriendly & ignorant salespeople I've ever met.
While out to buy my first handgun I happened into the store on Roosevelt Blvd at a time when they weren't busy. There were five salesmen huddled in a group talking, totally ignoring myself and the other person trying to look at the handguns. I recall the other person telling me that this was typical behavior from the salespeople in this store.
I can actually say that one of my favorite pistols was bought from the store on Rt 309. While I love the pistol I do regret ever giving them even one dollar of my money.

IMO, we're better off without them.

Just wanted to add, I left the store on Roosevelt Blvd and went to Lock's on Frankford Ave and bought my first handgun that same day. I was definitely buying. I was not out to waste anyones time window shopping.
Vote From The Rooftops!
hapjack
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 4/7/2003 7:12:34 PM
I was told that one of the Edelman boys is responsible for getting KIMBER started,is their any truth to that?
NRA life - GOA member