Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 1:53:36 AM EDT
I was gone for about 6 weeks, and I left them detailed instructions, which they verified, to make sure to turn on/off the main in order to top off my pool. I especially told them where the main pipe valve is located. They confirmed that they would let the pool guys know where to access the main.

Well I come home today, and find that they left me a little telling me to FILL UP MY OWN POOL!!! I checked the pool, and the water was waaay below the tile line. I have no idea how long it has been under the tile line, but at least a couple of weeks. 

WHAT THE FUCK! ISNT MANAGING THE WATER LEVEL PART OF WHAT A POOL GUY IS SUPPOSED TO FUCKING DO!?
Anyone know how likely it is my Plaster has gone to shit? I'm freaking out here.... and I am so fucking pissed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:36:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Sucks.

But what did you expect hiring a bunch of minimum wage pool guys? Especially since you didn't actually talk to/show the guys that would be doing the job itself.

You would have been better off asking a friend, family member, or neighbor.

Call and tell them what happened, and either get a full/partial refund, while telling them any plaster damage found, they would be paying for.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Who is 'They' that were supposed to tell the pool guy?

Pool service absolutely does NOT include turning on the customers main to level the pool

It actually does not include leveling the pool at all. How much water do you think they would be able to add in the 20 minutes it takes to clean the pool anyway? Or are they expected to sit around and wait the hour or two it takes to come up to level?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who is 'They' that were supposed to tell the pool guy?

Pool service absolutely does NOT include turning on the customers main to level the pool

It actually does not include leveling the pool at all. How much water do you think they would be able to add in the 20 minutes it takes to clean the pool anyway? Or are they expected to sit around and wait the hour or two it takes to come up to level?
View Quote
I emailed their office. 

I told them I would be gone for 6 weeks and would need them to fill it up. I would have gladly paid for this extra service. 

Also, they should have made an attempt to contact me. 

This is the exact email I sent you (Edited out my personal details of course)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In regards to my property at:

(Address edited out)

I just wanted to give your pool guys a heads up. I shut off the main water valve to prevent my house flooding in case of Water heater failure. Let the pool guys know that if they need to top off the pool, they will need to open up the main.

The main is located to the left of my front door to my house. Please let the pool guy know to also shut this valve off upon leaving. I appreciate the help.

Again thanks for everything!

If you need to contact me for anything, the best way to reach me is at this email address since I am overseas. 

- PatriotAR15

They did actually reply to this as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#4]
your request exceed the skill set of a large percentage of the population...
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
your request exceed the skill set of a large percentage of the population...
View Quote
Doesn't matter if the "skill" was "too hard". Also, I wouldn't call opening a valve and closing it again when done exactly hard to do.

Still, the pool company acknowledged it would be done and it wasn't.

If the guys doing the pool job couldn't do it, they or their supervisor should have contacted the OP so he could find someone who could.

The pool company is at fault.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
My pool company does turn the hose on for the 30 minutes they are there.  Creative Pools in Sierra Vista and now Tucson.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top