Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2017 11:47:58 AM EDT
It was going over 2"/hour at my house in chandler.  

Wind didn't get too far out of control, but driving to work this morning there were some big trees down on the way out of my area.

We only had pea sized hail but i saw reports of 1"+ on NWS.

And landspout tornado did touch down in Phoenix.  A landspout tornado is a tornado but not from a mesocylone.

Here are my pics and stuff

Neat cloud.. possibly the start a wall cloud but never really lasted.

Our back yard filled up.

It got harder than this too!  
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
My mother in law's neighborhood got WRECKED. Her place came out of it ok, but the rest of the area is a mess.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My mother in law's neighborhood got WRECKED. Her place came out of it ok, but the rest of the area is a mess.
View Quote
I was looking through some of the viewer submitted storm damage photos on the news websites.. there was a lot of damage from it in some areas.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
The zoo got torn up too.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I got NOTHING!
Chandler and Kyrene area, the rain almost always misses my house and our yard could really use it.
I was donating blood around Elliot and the 101 and got drenched running to my car, as soon as I approached Chandler on the101, blue skies.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The zoo got torn up too.
View Quote
Yeah. We're just east of the Zoo. We got absolutely hammered. Wife says the Zoo is temporarily closed due to the storm.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at my mom's near downtown Chandler and the area got hammered for a good 30-40 minutes. Kids were swimming in the flooded street 4 houses down. My house near Gilbert and McKellips got nothing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to Fry's on Tatum and Shea yesterday. I heard that they had to bring in refrigerated trucks to store the perishables in due to the power outage.

Shea to the West was a mess.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:33:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Made it hot for you
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I hear the wind chimes banging outside right now. 
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hear the wind chimes banging outside right now. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/7/2017 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#12]
The roads and intersection drainage sucks up and down camelback/indianschool. Our complex entrance was flooded with two stalled vehicles blocking the gate. I said screw it and went to go watch the cardinals lose at zipps until it dried out a bit

This mini was one of the stalled out blocking vehicles after things dried out a bit. That water level was up to 3/4 the height of the wheel.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top