Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2017 7:38:49 PM EDT
Anyone else having a gnat problem?  By "gnats" I mean tiny winged creatures that aren't house flies, termites, mosquitoes or any other winged creature.

I've cleaned, vacuumed, emptied trash, cleaned out the trash cans, gotten rid of old fruit of veggies and poured ammonia down the drains.  For a week I thought I had them beat, but now they're back.  I've killed 8-10 of them in the last couple of hours.  They're driving me freaking nuts.

Any suggestions before I call an exterminator on Monday?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any house plants?
That's usually a big draw for them, especially if you overwater them.

Also any standing water, like a terrarium/fish tank.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have any house plants?
That's usually a big draw for them, especially if you overwater them.

Also any standing water, like a terrarium/fish tank.
View Quote
We have house plants, the wife threw some out the first time we noticed gnats and now she's looking at the others.  No fish tanks or other standing water other than the toilets, and they get flushed pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:10:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I've noticed them at my mom's house this year.  She's a clean freak so it's not a sanitation issue.  She has a lot of house plants but that's always been the case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top