Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/14/2017 7:35:10 PM EDT
Now is the time to put a few gallon jugs of water in the car if you haven't already, or rotate out the water that's been in the car all year. Skip the bottles that look like milk jugs, they don't hold up.

Even if you don't need it, you might run into someone that does. I don't typically prep for others, but a few jugs of water is a pretty inexpensive investment.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 10:29:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Solid advice.  Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 3:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have about a gallon in my truck at all times, but I've been meaning to add a few more. Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent post, always a good reminder.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
LOL, did you type that or is that part of the app? If so, what app? That's hilarious.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOL, did you type that or is that part of the app? If so, what app? That's hilarious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
WTForcast
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 5:12:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Right-Click, Save
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

WTForcast
View Quote
Awesome thanks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Awesome thanks.
View Quote
Be sure to turn the cussing from "some" to "on", in the settings.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the reminder. I always keep water in my vehicles as is, but it is prudent to have enough for all passengers and others in case of emergency.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 7:37:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Nuff said:

Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Just moved here last year from the midwest, I always keep about 2.5 gallons in the trunk of distilled water.  Any reason to rotate it?
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:30:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Yep all summer i keep a 5 gal igloo of ice water in my truck
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#15]
If it's in the plastic milk jug style bottles, they degrade quickly and start leaking. The clear plastic "Arrowhead" style bottles last long.

I rotate about twice a year because the water starts to taste plasticy after a while, not that you'll care when you really need it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 10:54:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If it's in the plastic milk jug style bottles, they degrade quickly and start leaking. The clear plastic "Arrowhead" style bottles last long.

I rotate about twice a year because the water starts to taste plasticy after a while, not that you'll care when you really need it.
View Quote
Gotcha. I've got mine in a Reliance 2.5 gallon jug that I tried to rinse out as best as I could but you're probably right about the plastic taste.  Time to rotate it I suppose
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I keep a couple of two quart canteens with carriers and a survival straw in my truck at all times.  Never know when I might have to walk back from wherever I'm at.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:27:15 AM EDT
[#18]
One trick I learned from working search and rescue was to keep cans of Progresso low sodium chicken soup in the pack.
Instead of being high salt, it's more Potassium, it'll help bring a marginal heat exhaustion out of it.
Let them SLOWLY drink the juice while following with water.

Too many people try to push salt on a heat related injury which will dehydrate them more.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I keep a couple of two quart canteens with carriers and a survival straw in my truck at all times.  Never know when I might have to walk back from wherever I'm at.
View Quote
That's another good point.  I work 30 miles from home so I have a GHB in the trunk, and my water filter is a Grayl https://www.thegrayl.com/grayl-shop/

Now my vehicle is garage kept and I have a covered parking spot at work, but I worry that the filter element might break down in the heat.  Is this a silly thing to worry about?
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 2:00:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Also remember to keep yourself clear and copious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top