Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2017 8:06:44 PM EDT
Hello all,

I've completely reached my limited with this dumpy shithole that is Seattle (shitattle).  The traffic, the WEATHER and PEOPLE, the cost of living, among other things have driven me nuts.  I work for the Big B on the military side, so I've spent enough time down at the Mesa site where I could transfer in about a year once I wrap up my MBA.  We used to spend our summers in the SoCal desert, so heat isn't really an issue (although summers not idea, I always preferred them to shitattle fall/winter/spring/early summers).  For what we could sell our place in Mill Creek for I could get a much larger house in Scottsdale for a lot less money, or something the same size for about 1/3, either way it's a better deal.  What say AR15.com?  Has anyone from the Pacific NorthwOrst made it down to this neck of the woods, and how do you like it in comparison?  

How is the commute generally from Scottsdale or thereabouts to Mesa?  Right now it takes me about two hours each way to go 27 miles, so I definitely won't miss that....
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The commute from Scottsdale to Mesa isn't that bad at all. The real estate market is pretty hot right now, but there are a ton of new builds going up in the north valley, so availability is still good.

You'll love it here.

Sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:18:47 AM EDT
[#2]
After 30 years in the Redmond/Bellevue area and some of that commuting to Everett and Renton for work inside the LazyB, we HAD IT with the exact same issues you stated.

We picked the Scottsdale area after coming down for Spring Training for many years before we finally quit living in the s-hole that was WA state as a whole and greater Seattle in particular.  After living here for the past 16 years we know we made the correct decision.

Getting around on an excellent (for the most part) freeway system is night and day compared to the nightmare that is the Seattle dis-functional highway joke.

Mesa is an easy run from S'dale barring an accident on the 101 to either the 202 or 60.  A good friend (another escapee from the WA - 42 year Boeing sluggo) lives 38 miles from my house and it takes me 30 minutes on average to drive to his house.

You will be very happy with the change of scenery.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:33:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Sent you an Email.   I'm at the Big B too.    Can give you more info to consider.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies everyone, sounds like it'd be a good fit.  I've spent enough time down there to know I definitely enjoy it, plus I'd be able to save a boatload of money.  It does sound like the housing market is hot down there right now, but I suspect a cool down nation-wide may be coming in the near(er) term, we'll see.  In either case, it's molten in the Seattle area and stuff is routinely selling for $100-200k OVER asking with no inspections, typically foreign cash buyers.

Z I didn't get the email, what do you do for the Big B down there?  How do you like it overall?  That's one thing that's great about Seattle, I'm on the DC and the teams I work with are awesome and the company itself has been really good to me, great managers, etc.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#5]
@seejay3558

Any help for this guy?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:55:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Fuck Scottsdale. Buy a mansion in Queen Creek or Gilbert & work in Mesa.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:13:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I actually really like Scottsdale, it's got that old money charm.

Eventually I will move out of Phoenix and head to Scottsdale or Anthem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top