Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2017 9:20:44 AM EDT
I'm looking for a reputable, honest pool company to get our pool re-plastered this spring.  

Anyone with some good suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Fiberglass refinish it and be done with acid washes and re-plastering.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Look for a specific pool plaster company, not a pool company. I just had a uuuuuge one done in Tucson. This fiberglass thing mentioned sounds cheap and temporary.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Look for a specific pool plaster company, not a pool company. I just had a uuuuuge one done in Tucson. This fiberglass thing mentioned sounds cheap and temporary.  
View Quote
My first pool fiberglass lasted 25 years.  Do that with plaster.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I had Dolphin Pools do a Pebble Sheen finish.  They just subcontract out this work.  I think there are only 2 or 3
Pebble Tech authorized contractors around.  Dolphin Pools gave me a better price than their subcontractor gave me directly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
This guy was probably the most honest and knowledgeable repair guy I've ever met.

Celtic Pool

I had a severe case of calcium scale on my Pebble Fina surface from years of poor water chemistry, and my regular pool maintenance company (had only been using them for a short time) said the pebble fina surface was worn and needed replacement. I wasn't quite convinced that was true, so I got a second opinion from Celtic. He correctly diagnosed the scale buildup, and fixed it by draining the pool and polishing away the scale down to the Pebble surface. There wasn't anything wrong with the Pebble, it was just covered in scale. Looked brand new when they were done. Saved me thousands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top