Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2017 5:36:05 PM EDT
We rapidly approach the day we celebrate our independence.

Announcing the 2017 INDEPENDENCE DAY ACTION RIFLE MATCH (IDARM-2017).

Cowtown Range hosted, Presented by Independence training, Match Title Sponsor KE Arms.
Being run by the AZ2G crew.

Match fee is $70 which includes water at every stage, lunch on site, and a donation to the Phoenix Children's Hospital.

a RIFLE SLING will be required on two stages.

There will be 5 stages of rifle fun at the Cowtown Range west and east ranges.  This is a rifle only match.  You can expect to shoot from 3yards and up to 500yards at this range. We will self limit to the 300yard distance for this event (bonus "long" range targets are possible).
Recognized divisions: Limited, Tac scope, Open, Heavy, and TROOPER.

More information to follow in the next few weeks

If you would like to help with the match, please email me arizona2gun @ gmail.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yassssss! Maybe I'll bring a properly zeroed rifle this year...
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote
It certainly will help!

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
On things to do to be prepared for a rifle match, zeroing the rifle is THE best advice any one could give you.

Kelly Neal said it best: "zero the rifle, check the zero, check the zero again, and just to be sure, check the zero"
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Signup here - just like last year, we'll be making a 25% donation to Phoenix Children's Hospital: https://squareup.com/store/independencetraining/item/independence-day-action-rifle-match-july-peoria-az

Last year's donation was over $1k of toys and fun stuff for the kiddos at PCH! All of our awesome shooters made that happen.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Paid up and in for trooper. This is a great match-get in while you can.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey y'all, what are the different divisions?  Is there a place I can read about them?  Just moved to AZ last year, been looking into getting into matches.

And what division for an old washed up, 30-pounds-overweight Marine?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hey y'all, what are the different divisions?  Is there a place I can read about them?  Just moved to AZ last year, been looking into getting into matches.

And what division for an old washed up, 30-pounds-overweight Marine?
View Quote
Go to the AZ2Gun.com and check out those rules and divisions. They are very similar.

Trooper is the big exception. Its only for hard individuals
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#8]
In. I always seem to miss this match so I'm glad I finally caught it before it filled up. 
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Trooper is the big exception. Its only for hard individuals
View Quote
What is Trooper?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#10]
DIVISION INFORMATION:

LIMITED: Any rifle using iron sights, and/or any single non-magnified red dot type optics.  Offset red dot and iron sights are allowed.  No bipods or other support devices allowed.  Magazine capacity limited to standard 30 round magazines.

TACTICAL: Any rifle using no more then 1 magnified optic.  Offset iron sights are allowed.  No bipods or other support devices allowed.  Magazine capacity limited to standard 30 round magazines.

OPEN: No limitations on accessories or magazine capacities.  May add or remove bipod and other support devices before or after stages, but not during a course of fire.

HEAVY: Any major caliber rifle using any optic or optics.  Bipods are allowed but must remain on the rifle for the entire match. Magazine capacity limited to not more than 30rds. No drum magazines allowed.

TROOPER:  No limitations on firearms/accessories.
Troopers must carry all ammunition they will use for the entire match on every stage.
Troopers are required to participate in all physical challenges (if there are any optional ones in the stage description)
Troopers must use the same rifle for the duration of the match, or have tools/cleaning equipment/parts with them to fix it if it stops working.
Troopers must start the match with at least 1 liter of water on their person. Water may be refilled at the shooter's discretion.
Failure to comply with any of these rules will drop the shooter out of Trooper into whatever division their firearms would put them in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 6:45:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Have fun guys.

I'll be working and have no vacation days.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Match is filling up nicely.  Stages are designed and going to be different then last year (no Kbell drag this time).

A RIFLE SLING is required on two of the stages this year.

Things to expect: FUN!

Don't wait to sign up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#13]
May bump.  Match is nearing half full.  Don't wait to sign up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I just signed up for Trooper class again. It was a blast last year, you guys did a great job putting it on. Sorry if I missed it, but I can't recall how much ammo I brought last year, do you guys have an idea of target count and I can go from there? I don't want you guys to have to give anything away, I just want to know how many rounds to pack. Obviously, the less I miss, the less I need. I ended up with left over ammo last year, even after giving a full mag to someone and not getting the mag back. It's okay though, I have a few extras.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I registered for tactical class.

I thought about going Trooper, but comfort won out.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just signed up for Trooper class again. It was a blast last year, you guys did a great job putting it on. Sorry if I missed it, but I can't recall how much ammo I brought last year, do you guys have an idea of target count and I can go from there? I don't want you guys to have to give anything away, I just want to know how many rounds to pack. Obviously, the less I miss, the less I need. I ended up with left over ammo last year, even after giving a full mag to someone and not getting the mag back. It's okay though, I have a few extras.
View Quote
Bring 200rds of ammo, don't miss a lot, and you will go home with ammo.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I think that's how much I brought last year. See you there man.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:36:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lame!
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]
If you're new to competition or just want to get tuned up for the match consider the class Glen and I are teaching June 4th:  https://squareup.com/store/independencetraining/item/intro-to-competition-with-russell-phagan-peoria-az-april
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If you're new to competition or just want to get tuned up for the match consider the class Glen and I are teaching June 4th:  https://squareup.com/store/independencetraining/item/intro-to-competition-with-russell-phagan-peoria-az-april
View Quote
Last weekends AZ2G match had several people who have attended this class.  All of them showed marked improvement from their previous match showings.
This is a great starting point and will for certain prepare you for the IDARM-2017 match.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Last weekends AZ2G match had several people who have attended this class.  All of them showed marked improvement from their previous match showings.
This is a great starting point and will for certain prepare you for the IDARM-2017 match.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm no sniper or anything, but Glen, John, and crew have improved my shooting significantly. But, like they tell you, you have to work on those skills once you've been made aware of your errors. Until you take some classes from people that know what they're doing, you don't know what you don't know.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lame!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lame!
Wait, maybe I misread the rules.  For trooper is armor required?  Or just the ability to carry everything required for the match, like a chest rig or LBV?

Also, is it possible to change my class after registering?
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wait, maybe I misread the rules.  For trooper is armor required?  Or just the ability to carry everything required for the match, like a chest rig or LBV?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lame!

No armor required, you just have to carry all of your stuff through the obstacles and between each stage. I just have a "battle belt" setup that I load up with a ridiculous amount of mag pouches and a canteen. I look stupid, but it's comfortable and it works. Plus it's all stuff I already have. Adaptability is cool.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No armor required, you just have to carry all of your stuff through the obstacles and between each stage. I just have a "battle belt" setup that I load up with a ridiculous amount of mag pouches and a canteen. I look stupid, but it's comfortable and it works. Plus it's all stuff I already have. Adaptability is cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lame!

Well shit, that's not bad at all.  I thought it required plates.

So follow up, @notgrownupyetSBR556 is it possible to change your class after registering?  If so, I'd like to shoot in Trooper.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Well shit, that's not bad at all.  I thought it required plates.

So follow up, @notgrownupyetSBR556 is it possible to change your class after registering?  If so, I'd like to shoot in Trooper.
View Quote
Yes to changing divisions.
Email me at arizona2gun@gmail and I will get you fixed up for the match.

AZ2G has Armoured Division which does require plates.  For IDARM we have Trooper Division which does not require armor. Of course some hard core individuals wear armor in Trooper.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
IDARM is rapidly approaching. A good warm up would be this class. Hint: its this Sunday.

Don't wait to sign up for the match.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Match is nearly half full. Get it while you can.

Same as last year, we'll be donating 25% of all proceeds to the Phoenix Children's Hospital.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Wish I could be there!

2017 Independence Day AZ Rifle Match Announcement!
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Will there be tshirts again?
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:21:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Will there be tshirts again?
View Quote
Not this year. Hardly anyone wanted one last year and it cost us quite a bit of money. This year we will have some different swag that is not 2017 specific and can be worn on your gear.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Aw, I liked my shirt. That's too bad.
Regardless, in for one.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Only 18 spots still available.
Link Posted: 6/15/2017 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Just signed up. I look forward to this year's match!
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#34]
2 weeks away. Don't wait it to sign up!
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Only 8 slots left open for this match.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quick reminder:

A RIFLE SLING will be required on two stages
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:24:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Lucky me, my FTO weekend ends the day before the match!!!!!! YAY!!!

I am signed up and ready to go!

Trooper with the M1 Garand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Announcing the addition of the M1 GARAND division for the IDARM-2017.

With all the people posting and asking about it, we had to add it.

You can change your division at sign in.

DIVISION RULES: Any M1 Garand in 3006 or 308. No optics, bipods, or other support devices allowed.

Go hardcore in TROOPER with an M1 Garand and no one can question your commitment to being awesome.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Lucky me, my FTO weekend ends the day before the match!!!!!! YAY!!!

I am signed up and ready to go!

Trooper with the M1 Garand.
View Quote
That's pretty awesome. I wish I could justify the ammo doing that!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Announcing the addition of the M1 GARAND division for the IDARM-2017.

With all the people posting and asking about it, we had to add it.

You can change your division at sign in.

DIVISION RULES: Any M1 Garand in 3006 or 308. No optics, bipods, or other support devices allowed.

Go hardcore in TROOPER with an M1 Garand and no one can question your commitment to being awesome.
View Quote
At sign in on the day of the event? I'm going to do an ammo inventory...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hope this helps:

AMMO: steel core, armor piercing, light armor piercing, tracer, and marking ammo are not allowed. This includes: green tip, black tip, red tip ammo’s.  
Cowtown Range bans the use of the newer “silver bullet” TULA ammo.
Bimetal jacketed ammo is allowed (wolf, silver/brown bear, Tula w/ noted exception).
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:04:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hope this helps:

AMMO: steel core, armor piercing, light armor piercing, tracer, and marking ammo are not allowed. This includes: green tip, black tip, red tip ammo’s.  
Bimetal jacketed ammo is allowed (wolf, silver/brown bear, Tula w/ noted exception).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps:

I meant I need to see how much .30/06 I have to decide if I'm going to run M1 Trooper class. All of my ammo is US and Greek surplus. The Greek is bimetal, but not steel core or anything. I'm already signed up for Trooper class, and I don't want to make it more difficult for you guys, so how long do I have to change my class?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#43]
At sign in.

If you have 200rds of 3006 in clips you are good to go.

The ammo thing was mostly so people who wanna use their M1 don't show up with black tip ammo and wonder why we aren't letting em shoot the match.  It happens often enough at AZ2G. Someone brings M855 and gets angry when we ask em to get different ammo and/or don't allow em to shoot the match.

The tula "silver bullet" ban is a range ban specific to that ammo. Someone will still show up with it, see above for what happens.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:52:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
At sign in.

If you have 200rds of 3006 in clips you are good to go.

The ammo thing was mostly so people who wanna use their M1 don't show up with black tip ammo and wonder why we aren't letting em shoot the match.  It happens often enough at AZ2G. Someone brings M855 and gets angry when we ask em to get different ammo and/or don't allow em to shoot the match.

The tula "silver bullet" ban is a range ban specific to that ammo. Someone will still show up with it, see above for what happens.
View Quote
Right on man, thank you. Time to dig out the M1 stuff and see what's up!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:45:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Unammo on Glendale avenue has wolf 30.06 ammo for $249-269/500rds.

Don't know if it's Garand friendly or not.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#46]
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/sellier-bellot-30-06-springfield-m1-garand-ammo-150-grain-full-metal-jacket-sb3006m2-p-77539.aspx

sellior and bellot M1 Garand ammo.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:23:13 AM EDT
[#47]
If 10 people show up with m1 garands, that wpuld be freaking awesome!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#48]
M1 Master Race checking in. I'm doing it. Might as well dust the ol' girl off. August of 1943 Springfield baby.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:39:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I suggest some practice with that old war horse

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/614500_JULY-1ST-Spinner-and-intermediate-range-rifle-clinic.html

This Saturday.....

We will be shooting every target that will be seen at the IDARM-2017 in practice... hmmm.....
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#50]
The match is now FULL. There are no additional slots.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top