Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 7:49:57 AM EDT
My step daughters live with us part of the year, and with their dad (out of state) part of the year.  Can I get hunting permits for them; do they satisfy AZ's residency requirements, or do I need a special license?

I just learned that there is a "special use permit" to use most state trust land.  40 years in AZ and I never knew that.  The regs say that hunting and "actively pursuing game" under a hunting license satisfies the requirements for a general special use permit.  But what about scouting?  If I am out driving or hiking on state trust land, looking for a good place to come back and hunt, and I have a hunting license, am I covered?  Or do I still need a special use permit?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Just say you are rabbit or coyote hunting if asked.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just say you are rabbit or coyote hunting if asked.
View Quote
I thought about that.  That's actually what I am scouting for.  I assume it would help if I am armed with something other than my 3" pistol.... Ha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top