Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2017 8:15:55 PM EDT
Tucson resident here. Might be getting a job in the central Phoenix area. I'm looking to buy a house in a safe neighborhood if I do end up moving there. I've been checking the Trulia and LexisNexis crime maps and it looks like Chandler, Peoria, and Glendale are the safest suburbs closest to the city. Is this accurate?

Any other house-hunting or misc pro-tips about the area are also greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The honest answer is every town or city in the metro area has its shit areas. I prefer the east valley.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:25:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Plenty of nice places in Central Phoenix, then you can avoid rush hour.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are looking in Tempe, you want to stay in South Tempe. The closer you get to campus, the more ASU students, traffic, and student rental properties.

People wanting newer places are usually pushed WAY West valley, or WAY East valley. That will turn your commute into a bitch, but people put up with it because they want a newer house, they work in the area, or they don't know any better when they move.

Once you get an idea of what you want to pay to rent or own, that will dictate some of where you will be looking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top