Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2017 3:48:02 PM EDT
So just found a ton of mold in a closet in my apartment closet that's on my balcony.

Everyone is screaming st me to call a lawyer and to have it tested.

Maintenance guys are coming after lunch to cut open the walls to see how bad it is. Is that a good idea?

Should I call a lawyer right this second?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Should I snag a piece now and put it in a zip lock bag?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Take pics and document
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats the reason for lawyering up?  Are you/family members getting/been sick?    If not, then id just bring up to the landlord and get it fixed and possibly compensated depending on how long it will take to fix.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#4]
So it's OUTSIDE and you want to sue someone?  Just making sure I understand that right.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Never seen a lawyer advertise for mold cases.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#6]
As a landlord I can tell you to simply call your landlord. Do you think they planted it in hopes you would get sick? Step back and take a look at things before over reacting. They don't want mold in their property any more than you do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:50:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this something the complex knows about and failed to do anything ? Have you been complaining for a while to get things done and they haven't ? Have they failed to assist ?

It's like me finding ants in an apartment and wanting to sue . Your friends telling you to lawyer up is what's wrong with America. People trying to make a quick buck over nonsense
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Talk to the landlord first. You have nothing to sue for unless they were knowledgeable about it and did nothing to fix it.  

If you call a lawyer be ready to pay for it. I'm a landlord and if you say your going to call a lawyer to potentially sue me,  I would have you talk directly to mine from that moment forward to make sure it is handled 100% to the letter of the law.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Talk to the landlord first. You have nothing to sue for unless they were knowledgeable about it and did nothing to fix it.  

If you call a lawyer be ready to pay for it. I'm a landlord and if you say your going to call a lawyer to potentially sue me,  I would have you talk directly to mine from that moment forward to make sure it is handled 100% to the letter of the law.
View Quote

THIS
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#10]
jeez.  some wet drywall in an outside closet w/poor airflow and it got a bit moldy and you have friends crying about lawyers?  Just let the apt complex take care of it.  Outside isn't hurting anyone.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#11]
exactly how have you been negatively impacted and what financial remedies do you wish to pursue as a result?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#12]
The only way you would be able to have any sort of a claim is if your health is in jeopardy AND your landlord is refusing or delaying repairs. Not sure why you would want to get an attorney, unless you are looking for an early retirement, but even then, you have to give the landlord adequate time to repair, and you need to be experiencing health issues. Having gone through mold remediation certification, it is highly unlikely there is a mold in AZ that is a threat to your health, unless you are in very poor health.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is why I wanted to hold off but people in GD and my dad were like call a lawyer!!!!11!1!  

It turned out to be minor and it's all fixed.  Thank god I didn't listen to....mostly everyone lol. I have a good relationship with my property manager.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad it worked out for you and glad your landlord is not a scumbag.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:55:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Glad it worked out for you and glad your landlord is not a scumbag.
View Quote

It's redstone apartments. I can't speak for all of them but mine are very nice ladies. The manager is HOT too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:12:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Glad it worked out and lawyers didn't get involved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top