Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2017 11:06:06 PM EDT
So after 5 years of torture in Douglas the wife and I will be moving to Green Valley/Sahuarita. I'm from Tucson so I know all about that, but I never really ventured into GV or Sahuarita much. We only really go the gym, movies, and dinner... so I already have the gym figured out since Copper fitness is right next door. What are the good restaurants and bars? Places to stay away from? Closest place to shoot? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Good restaurants are Manuel's in GV and Pub 22 in Fry's shopping center in Rancho. Pub 22 doubles as a decent bar, but all these pale in comparison to Tucson options. Coaches is near the Sandstone apts which is ok for a beer. I'm sending a PM.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Our friends in Corona de Tucson love Argenziano's Italian restaurant. It's just south off the corner of Houghton and Sahuarita Rd. We haven't tried it yet but he's New York Italian and loves the place.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Never got a PM dan. Thanks for the tips guys. I figured Tucson is the safer bet for food/drink, but I'm not too picky and with the exception of the past 5 years I've spent my life in Tucson, so some new places won't hurt. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 1:53:52 AM EDT
[#4]
For some reason I can't PM. Sorry about that. Pretty sure I work w your dad.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to lived in Sahuarita and enjoyed it, several people have already mentioned decent restaraunts/bars. If you are still going to work in Douglas have you thought about living in Sierra Vista? It would be a much shorter commute for you and in my opinion, an upgrade from Sahuarita.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 4:00:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, it's a small world and not a lot of people are making it out Douglas... so I wouldn't be surprised. Ankle biter by the name of "rocky" sound familiar?
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 5:25:11 AM EDT
[#7]
PM or email me.  If you are leaving DGL after 5 years and my suspicions are correct, I can offer advice.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well, it's a small world and not a lot of people are making it out Douglas... so I wouldn't be surprised. Ankle biter by the name of "rocky" sound familiar?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Your dad has my number. I can show you a good shooting spot near here depending on your day off. Glad to hear you got out of DGL.

Dan
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yup. Your dad has my number. I can show you a good shooting spot near here depending on your day off. Glad to hear you got out of DGL.

Dan
View Quote

Sounds good, appreciate it
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Several of my neighbors work in Douglas.  I'm in S Vista.  Bisbee, in the Warren area is very nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#11]
As many members as we have in this forum in the Sahuarita/GV area, how come we've not had a meet or something?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top