Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2017 9:57:43 AM EDT
Has anyone here bought meat from U of A's ag dept?

Got some questions.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Not me, but most of the high schools will butcher cows but the whole year is filled up in 10-15 minutes from the reservation opening.

I use Jason Holiday in Queen Creek for my cows and was referred to him by the USDA inspector who said he gets consistant A rating for cleanliness. Has done mine the last two years and everything in labeled and divided into quarters. He has a place in Buckeye as well.

Most butchers are aware if the farmers are willing to sell 1/4 or 1/2 a cow so you can buy in bulk.

Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had meat from a few different Ag schools(CSU Pomona and Texas A&M) and it is always gtg, so i dont see why UofA would be any different.

In fact, Texas A&M does dried and cure meats too and their jerky is some of the best i have ever had.  it is old school good!

Link Posted: 1/23/2017 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
My family has gotten it a bunch of times and Its gtg.  The price is resonable also.  The trick is to get there early, they only have a limited amount. So first come first serve.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone please post info about this, wanting to buy some beef!
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone please post info about this, wanting to buy some beef!
View Quote

Its at the UofA agricultural farm on Roger and Campbell.  Its on fridays in the afternoon from like noon to 5.  They put a hand painted sign out on the corner on the daya they are doing it.  Just drive onto the farm there are signs to the buildings and inside in a small amphitheater class room they have glass top freezers stocked with meat.  The students selling are very helpful and will explain the different cuts and everything.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I buy buffalo meat from them when I can make it down there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top