Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2017 3:44:53 PM EDT
Enroll in our classes via email: [email protected] or some of them at our Online Store---- LE/Mil/Veterans 10% discount
These courses are coming up within the next 60 days - see our full course schedule on our website, link is below

Intro to Dirt Medicine - Tempe, AZ - April 9 / April 11 - 69.00

This 4 hour program is based on the real world experiences of our instructors, not clinical or textbook medicine. The focus is on good patient assessment, stopping the bleeding, starting the breathing and building a realistic trauma kit that you can carry with you. Attendees will receive a discount on our full IFAK Life Saver class.

Defensive Handgun - Peoria, AZ - April 8 - 189.00

This course focuses on marksmanship, manipulation and handling, movement and proper mindset in regards to the use of the handgun. Whether for defensive applications, competition or recreation, this class will help you improve your handgun shooting skillset as well as challenge you to be a better shooter in all aspects.

Combo discount when taken with Close Contact Handgun the following weekend.

Close Contact Handgun with Immediate Action Combatives - Peoria, AZ - April 14 (evening)-15 - 289.00

Real world defensive situations are likely to happen within arm's reach, and that is the focus of this course. You will work through pre-assault cues, managing unknown contacts and verbalization skills in scenario based training, and live fire exercises are based on engagements that will happen at close contact distances. The course culminates in force-on-force scenarios using UTM firearms inside of structures, around vehicles and out in the open.

Combo discount when taken with Defensive Handgun the previous weekend.

IFAK Life Saver - Mesa, AZ - April 22 - 149.00 or 279.00 with kit

Our most popular dirt medicine class, IFAK Life Saver focuses on stopping bleeding and starting breathing, using methods and techniques based on the real world experiences and training of our instructors. This program is full of hands-on training, including multiple scenarios with role players and wound moulage that will force good patient assessment, proper treatment and working with other people while working with realistic wounds.

Intro to Competition with Russell Phagan - Peoria, AZ - April 23 - 149.00

Do you want to get into competition shooting, or increase your standings in the matches you already compete in? Come and learn from the guys that know the rules, know the game and win the matches and who can teach you how to get better!
Topics Covered:
-Basic Gun Safety and Competition Safety Rules and Procedures
-Moving safely with firearms on a course of fire
Balancing speed and accuracy
-Shooting on reduced target areas/Dealing with No Shoots
-Working with barricades and other shooting props
-Engaging specific target systems like Texas Stars, Autopoppers, Double Spinner
-Competition Transitions; grounding guns

Visit us online: Independence Training
We're also on Facebook - Instagram - YouTube
Listen to us on The Arms Room Show
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Still plenty of room left in all classes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
What are the round counts for these classes?

Is there a place to camp nearby?  What do out of towners usually do for sleeping arrangements?
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there a place to camp nearby?  What do out of towners usually do for sleeping arrangements?
View Quote

Lake Pleasant is a few miles away, and there are hotels up and down 1-17. For a few bucks or a bottle of scotch, you can camp in my backyard, since I'm not far away.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What are the round counts for these classes?

View Quote

Intro 1 - 50 rounds
Intro 2 - 100 rounds

Bring 200 rounds and you'll go home with ammo, which is a good thing.

Yes, you can camp on site. Most of our students stay at Drury Inn and Suites, about 15 minutes away.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:38:21 AM EDT
[#5]
3 slots open for January 28, 4 open for January 29, 3 open for February 24-26.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
For future reference, is this course exclusive or specifically focused on bolt guns, or would AR type SPR/DMR-ish guns be equally well suited? Unfortunately I had to sell off a large portion of my collection for financial reasons so I'm somewhat limited on my rifle selection, but I would really like to take an introductory precision course.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For future reference, is this course exclusive or specifically focused on bolt guns, or would AR type SPR/DMR-ish guns be equally well suited? Unfortunately I had to sell off a large portion of my collection for financial reasons so I'm somewhat limited on my rifle selection, but I would really like to take an introductory precision course.
View Quote

It is open to all rifles. Gas guns typically make up about 10-20% of the student's rifles.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It is open to all rifles. Gas guns typically make up about 10-20% of the student's rifles.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#9]
3 slots left open in this weekend's Precision Rifle class.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Course list updated through end of April.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:03:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Course list updated.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't see this covered on the website, what equipment/ammo is required for the intro to competition class?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Didn't see this covered on the website, what equipment/ammo is required for the intro to competition class?
View Quote
A good attitude and an open mind
Semi-Automatic Pistol chambered in 9mm, .40, or .45
300 rounds of ammunition
3 magazines  
A quality belt, holster, and magazine carriers
Semi-Automatic Rifle: in .223 or .308
300 rounds of ammunition-NO ARMOR PIERCING AMMUNITION
3 Magazines and at least one pouch to carry a spare magazine

You won't shoot that many rounds, but it's better to have and not need.

Enroll here: https://squareup.com/store/independencetraining/item/intro-to-competition-with-russell-phagan-peoria-az-april
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks Rizzo man.
Debating between this class or another private training lesson. Decisions decisions...
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:55:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thanks Rizzo man.
Debating between this class or another private training lesson. Decisions decisions...
View Quote
Anything other than Independence Training would be the incorrect answer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Anything other than Independence Training would be the incorrect answer.
View Quote
Indeed. But the private training I was referring to would be through Independence Training as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top