Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2016 5:58:49 PM EDT

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!!!! I'll be up in the next couple weeks. Hope its still there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
My FiL just sent me very similar pics about an hour ago.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Just a wet Christmas here in St. Johns . . . so far.  The heavy rain just started.

Link Posted: 12/24/2016 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice!!!! I'll be up in the next couple weeks. Hope its still there.
View Quote
Give me a holler when you're here. Let's see about sending some rounds down range if you're up for it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Same here in Payson
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Merry Christmas All!
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Merry Christmas!

The snow almost made it to my house!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#8]
It snuck in here overnight.

Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Just enough here in Dewey to give us a white Christmas morn but it is now warming up and melting. Ironically I moved from near Buffalo to Arizona, and my friends back there tell me they have a current higher temperature than Dewey !
Link Posted: 12/25/2016 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just enough here in Dewey to give us a white Christmas morn but it is now warming up and melting. Ironically I moved from near Buffalo to Arizona, and my friends back there tell me they have a current higher temperature than Dewey !
View Quote
The snow never sticks for long over here, which is to my liking.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#11]
And... it's gone.  at least near my house.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#12]
It's still around a little.

Flew up there today.  There was even a little piled on the edges of the runway.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Is this typical?
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is this typical?
View Quote
You doing a recon?

Yes and no to your answer. We're 5,550 feet above sea level here, so the odds of snow happening does occur but.... The snow never lasts here.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You doing a recon?

Yes and no to your answer. We're 5,550 feet above sea level here, so the odds of snow happening does occur but.... The snow never lasts here.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this typical?
You doing a recon?

Yes I am doing recon. We briefly posted about a year ago about me and my wife moving there. Things are starting to gel together and we need to start looking hard at the future plans.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Just to have an idea I live in Dewey ( Prescott country club neighborhood) which is about 12 miles east of Prescott on highway 69. Since our elevation is a bit lower than Prescott when they got about 6-7" on Christmas Eve and day we got about 2. Since moving here six months ago all I can say is why did we wait so long! Great area with friendly people. When the housing coordinator for the recruiting company got us a place in the country club I was concerned the people would be pretentious- not even a bit. Met lots of nice people who I can now call friends.
On the shooting front there is a nice square range in chino ( a little over the top strict with chamber flags and run by a range officer that can at times be difficult) but a nice place to practice (50 yard pistol and 100 yard rifle) and you do not have to be a member to shoot there. If you are into uspsa yavapai recreation league runs uspsa icore and idpa  and steel challenge also do not have to be a member to shoot matches and there is a different match every weekend. Locals know of places you can drive into the national forest and shoot, I am not familiar with the best spots yet though, and the forest service sometimes closes the forest to shooting in the dry weather.
Both Prescott and Prescott valley have commercial indoor ranges for pistol shooting as well.
There are at least a dozen gun shops in the area so plenty of ways to spend money. Good outdoor opportunities ( hike camp kayak etc) and way more good restaurants than I can keep track of. So far my impression is as a friend put it is the happy medium- not prolonged winter like flagstaff or the northeast U.S where I came from, not the searing heat of Phoenix in the summer.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:23:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes I am doing recon. We briefly posted about a year ago about me and my wife moving there. Things are starting to gel together and we need to start looking hard at the future plans.
View Quote
Well if there is anything we can do to help point you in the right direction, please let us know.

Is Prescott the final destination or one of few ideas for a final destination?

If you plan on visiting, let me know. Maybe we can sit down over a meal and show the area.

@Rich_V
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is this typical?
View Quote
Typical?  No not really typical, but it does happen.
I've lived in Prescott for forty years (moved here from MN when I was 21).
Some years it doesn't snow at all (or just a little skiff), other years we might get a snow like this but then it's gone in a few days (one week after this snow it was 64 degrees here).
Snow and rain is something that "I" look forward to because we go so many days in between without precipitation.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Some years it doesn't snow at all (or just a little skiff), other years we might get a snow like this but then it's gone in a few days (one week after this snow it was 64 degrees here).
Snow and rain is something that "I" look forward to because we go so many days in between without precipitation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this typical?

Well as you can see by my state ID, snow is something I am used to and looking forward to rarely seeing again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well if there is anything we can do to help point you in the right direction, please let us know.

If you plan on visiting, let me know. Maybe we can sit down over a meal and show the area.

@Rich_V
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Rich_V

I appreciate the offer immensely. We are thinking Prescott or the vicinity is the final destination. Would like to get some acres and build.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:08:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I appreciate the offer immensely. We are thinking Prescott or the vicinity is the final destination. Would like to get some acres and build.
View Quote
Lister was looking for the same thing. He loved the area and our shenanigans so much that he bought a plot on the outskirts of Prescott nearby one of our own.

Let us know when you're close.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lister was looking for the same thing. He loved the area and our shenanigans so much that he bought a plot on the outskirts of Prescott nearby one of our own.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do. You can count on that.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 7:17:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Rich_V

Lots of land in the area around Prescott to build if that is your plan. There are also a lot of homes for sale that may fit your goal as well. Budget at least $250- 300K if you want acreage with a decent preexisting home. In my area, ~ 12 miles outside of Prescott, 5 acres of land with a view can be had for <$100k.
Before you get here decide on a budget and what type of environment you want to live in. Within a ten mile radius of downtown Prescott you could chose from high pine forest in the mountains, flat prairie grasslands, rolling hills with juniper & pinion pine or one of a number of 'planned' communities.
There is a lot to chose from so don't hesitate to ask questions or comment on areas that look promising from on line listings.
May be best if you start a new thread in the AZHTF announcing your desire to relocate here.

Let us know when you get here and we'll have a meet & greet.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lots of land in the area around Prescott to build if that is your plan. There are also a lot of homes for sale that may fit your goal as well. Budget at least $250- 300K if you want acreage with a decent preexisting home. In my area, ~ 12 miles outside of Prescott, 5 acres of land with a view can be had for <$100k.
Before you get here decide on a budget and what type of environment you want to live in. Within a ten mile radius of downtown Prescott you could chose from high pine forest in the mountains, flat prairie grasslands, rolling hills with juniper & pinion pine or one of a number of 'planned' communities.
There is a lot to chose from so don't hesitate to ask questions or comment on areas that look promising from on line listings.
May be best if you start a new thread in the AZHTF announcing your desire to relocate here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Rich_V

Thanks for the advice and will do on letting you all know. Thanks for being welcoming.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is this typical?
Honest!
It's not typical at all.
Just ignore the current Prescott forecast for the next week week..... 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:30:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Honest!
It's not typical at all.
Just ignore the current Prescott forecast for the next week week..... 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/20962/Capture-128435.JPG
View Quote
lol, we're doomed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Gonna be out in March. I just need to convince the wife it's time to retire.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Gonna be out in March. I just need to convince the wife it's time to retire.
View Quote
We're going to need more ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top