Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2016 4:55:44 PM EDT
I'm heading down to visit the girlfriend and her family in Peoria this Friday, through Jan 2nd. She's got to work a few days so I am bringing the dirt bike with to get a day or two in. Most likely new year's weekend. A friend here that own's the mechanic shop I used went to school in Phoenix and is recommending I go to Wickenburg. I've tried looking on KTM Talk and Thumper Talk, but there isn't a whole lot of info on where to ride. Boulders OHV Area will be really close to where I'll be, so I may go there. A couple questions:
1) Are the trails well marked?
2) Anyone want to ride?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure if you found this on the web, might help a bit in finding places and some descriptions too, have fun in AZ.... http://azstateparks.com/OHV/wheretoride.html
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 2:48:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if you found this on the web, might help a bit in finding places and some descriptions too, have fun in AZ.... http://azstateparks.com/OHV/wheretoride.html
View Quote

Possibly. I found the PDF from that site to the trail loop at the Boulders OHV area. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#3]
PM inbound to help out a visiting member.  My bikes up at the cabin, and quad is torn apart, but I got the prerunner to blast around in.

Read the AZ OHV rules, they really are not joking.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
PM inbound to help out a visiting member.  My bikes up at the cabin, and quad is torn apart, but I got the prerunner to blast around in.

Read the AZ OHV rules, they really are not joking.
View Quote

Thanks! I responded. I'll be bringing a second bike with me ...but I'm hoping it sells before I go riding. I read them. A little confusing about the stickers. I'm good as far as having CO OHV stickers and being in state less than 30 days, but it looks like there may also be a AZ Land Trust permit too?
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 8:33:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I love boulders oh park.  Better known as mile marker 11.5 for us old timers.  The trails are very well marked.  Get back a few miles to get away from the crowd.  The trails do go way beyond the park if you want to get away.  You can get to crown king from there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I would have to double check, everything I have is plated. Might want to just call and verify on regs.

LOL well also with age comes the cage  Let me know when you plan on going out, I will be off from today until the 2nd and depending on when the the truck goes in for new rear cantilever suspension I might take the truck out for a beat run........  Got a new gun that needs sighting in to, so that alone justifies a desert trip lol
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#7]
So, I live in CA (yea I know... work). But my parents live in Wickenburg. I will be out there over the New years weekend with the wife and kid. Im always looking for someone to ride with, I usually ride by myself and know the area well. We can ride right off my parents land onto BLM/state trust land hit me up if you want to get together for a ride. I have a KTM 350 XCF-W. I would love to ride with some good folks, my uncle is alway flaking on me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, I live in CA (yea I know... work). But my parents live in Wickenburg. I will be out there over the New years weekend with the wife and kid. Im always looking for someone to ride with, I usually ride by myself and know the area well. We can ride right off my parents land onto BLM/state trust land hit me up if you want to get together for a ride. I have a KTM 350 XCF-W. I would love to ride with some good folks, my uncle is alway flaking on me.
View Quote

Heck yeah! I'm on a KTM 300 XC. I'd love to ride with someone that knows where they're going. My GF for sure has to work Fri-Sun of new years weekend from early morning to mid afternoon. I'll shoot you a PM with my cell phone number.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:22:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Would join you guys if you IM me your contact info. I usually ride the river bottom at Indian School road here in Tonopah.  2011 KTM 250 2 stroke XC-w
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 4:49:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Would join you guys if you IM me your contact info. I usually ride the river bottom at Indian School road here in Tonopah.  2011 KTM 250 2 stroke XC-w
View Quote

Got your IM. Just sent you a text!
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you medicdubs and Hitachifixer for a fun ride! It was a pleasure meeting both of you! I'll try to get some pics of our scenery up in the next day or two.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes that was a good adventure. Thanks to both you guys for a great day. If anybody else gets interested next time around, you won`t find a better pair to explore with than these guys. Hope you get both bikes back without any problems like you had on the trip coming down here
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the company on the ride guys. Hope I did alright picking a good area. It's a great area to ride in, I learn a little more about it each time I go out. The rain before definitely made for a great ride. Good thing we didn't try and go on New Years, it poured on/off all day. Let's do it again sometime.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top