Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2016 12:16:34 PM EDT
I inquired about getting my completed 80% AR lowers anodized. I will have them serialized prior to anodizing. The response I received from Richard there is that he can't accept my lowers unless transferred by an FFL. He won't accept them in person from myself. And it has to be transferred to an FFL when finished. He told me it is federal guidelines. Southwest Metal Finishing does have an FFL. So, if this is the case, how do people get their lowers cerakoted? Isn't it a matter of fact to drop off the lowers, pay for the service, and pick it up?

Any other anodizing options in the Valley (preferably East) for Type 3 Class 2 black dyed anodizing?
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
As with any gunsmith work, if the serial number item is left at the shop, that shop needs to have an FFL.

The other side is, if the shop receives and returns the serial numbered item from the owner, there is no need for another FFL to do the transfer either way.
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As with any gunsmith work, if the serial number item is left at the shop, that shop needs to have an FFL.

The other side is, if the shop receives and returns the serial numbered item from the owner, there is no need for another FFL to do the transfer either way.
View Quote

Exactly what I thought. SW metal finishing has an FFL, but requiring me to have an FFL to bring in my lowers.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That'd be a company policy issue.  They probably don't want to deal with dozens or hundreds of individuals bringing in receivers and the resulting paperwork nightmare.  That shop is very booked up with work.  And logging a 100 receivers out to one manufacturer is much easier than tracking and logging receivers to individuals.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That'd be a company policy issue.  They probably don't want to deal with dozens or hundreds of individuals bringing in receivers and the resulting paperwork nightmare.  That shop is very booked up with work.  And logging a 100 receivers out to one manufacturer is much easier than tracking and logging receivers to individuals.
View Quote

They will likely not get business from me. I don't want to pay transfer fees back and forth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top