Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2016 3:09:32 PM EDT
I"ll be spending a few weeks in the area on and off, and trying to get familiar with the area and was curious what are some of the must see gun stores around here?  I checked out Scottsdale Gun Club and they did have some nice firearms on display, but not as big as I was imagining.  I figured there must be some mega super stores down here?! :D
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 4:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
What area you staying in, and where are you from?

There are the box stores..
Sportsmans Warehouse
Bass Pro
Cabelas

Then there are the Ranges with stores
Shooters World
SGC
Caswells
C2

Then there are all the gun stores... Each one a little different.  I find that instead of one big gun store with a lot of everything, we have a bunch of small ones that concentrate on certain genre's.. AR centric, glock centric, hunting centric, and even precision rifle centric.  Of course there are also a bunch of great general gun stores too!  

A lot of Manufacturers in the area have storefronts or appointment based retail as well!

What is your area of interest?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Bear arms in Scottsdale is nice. Great service too.

Scottsdale gun club can go to hell. Service sucks there
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Bear arms is nice.
Great service.
My son bought his first there and they busted their hump to get a good deal for him...
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the suggestions!  I'm staying up around north Scottsdale/Carefree, but I'm willing to travel anywhere within an hour.  Gives me an excuse to get out and explore the area.    I'm from the Seattle area, and we have a few nice stores up here as well if anyone needs recommendations.

Yeah, I wasn't particularly impressed by Scottsdale GC.  I didn't spend much time in there but I got the impression they cater towards a different crowd.  They did have a M249S in there though so that was cool to see finally.

But my area of interest are HKs and clones, all their subguns and rifles.  NFA stuff in general, and of course all the relatively modern military arms.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Dillon Precision/Dillon Aero is in Scottsdale.
Good people

If you use the magic word, you might even get a guided tour
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah, I wasn't particularly impressed by Scottsdale GC.  I didn't spend much time in there but I got the impression they cater towards a different crowd.  They did have a M249S in there though so that was cool to see finally.

View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Are there particular days that are best for lucking into a guided tour at Dillon?
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 2:40:40 AM EDT
[#8]
There must be some impressive gun stores where you come from if SGC left you totally underwhelmed.  Not sure what would impress you in the valley.  AJI probably has more interesting stuff out east, but not overly huge.

Jays Sporting Goods in Clare, MI, most impressive gun store I have been to, it has a focus on hunting guns.   Seems like one of everything from the mfg. catalogs.

Collector's Firearms in Houston for tactical and historical, but they are sort of jerks.

Nothing in Phoenix metro really compares to either of these.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:03:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are there particular days that are best for lucking into a guided tour at Dillon?
View Quote
Call first.  It depends on how busy they are and if someone can break away to give a tour.  

There isn't much to see anymore.  They fenced off the Dillon Aero like it is some secret squirrel shit and they didn't take us into the hangar or machine gun container on the last tour I took a couple years ago.  Very underwhelming.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top