Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2016 10:49:18 PM EDT
What are the forum rules about posting items that are found in local auctions that may interest people here?  I'm not the seller....it's a local auction house that specializes in police evidence and estate sales.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there's anything against posting deals that you aren't associated with.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't think so, but thought I'd check.

Sierra Auction has some interesting stuff in this week's online firearm auction.  There's a Springfield Armory M1A and a Lewis Machine and Tool .308.  Both are currently sitting at under $1k........   Google will get you to the auction home page, then follow the links into the online firearms auction.  It ends Sunday.  There are fees, so read the rules.  

I am not associated with the auction house in any way, nor are these my items.  I have picked up some good stuff at good prices there though.  The current high bidders on both of these appear to be buyers for pawn shops and I'd rather see these two go to Arfcommers.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't think so, but thought I'd check.

Sierra Auction has some interesting stuff in this week's online firearm auction.  There's a Springfield Armory M1A and a Lewis Machine and Tool .308.  Both are currently sitting at under $1k........   Google will get you to the auction home page, then follow the links into the online firearms auction.  It ends Sunday.  There are fees, so read the rules.  

I am not associated with the auction house in any way, nor are these my items.  I have picked up some good stuff at good prices there though.  The current high bidders on both of these appear to be buyers for pawn shops and I'd rather see these two go to Arfcommers.
View Quote

i wouldnt buy ANYTHING from sierra unless you went to the preview day and saw it first and examined it.. Sierra is known for selling crap. Sometimes their auctions are live in person and sometimes they are online only.  ive bought from them a few times in the past. and the prices alot of times get too high.. people attending auctions get tooo bid happy..

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I absolutely agree.....if you want a rusty Raven .25 that is missing pieces, Sierra is the place to go.  But, if you know what to look for, there are usually one or two really nice pieces hidden among the pot metal junk guns.  

Standard auction rules apply:  know what you're looking at, research everything, and don't ever get excited.  Place a limit on yourself and stop when you get there.  My personal rule is that firearms have to be 50% or less of the "rack price" at Cabelas.  Accessories have to be XX dollars under retail, with the XX determined based on how common it is to find whatever that thing may be.  Fees and tax have to be included in all price calculations.    Standard price on Marlin .30-30's in the used rack at Cabelas is $400-$450.  There are several on the auction now right around $200.  IF they're in decent shape those would be a good pickup.  Marlin model 60's typically go for $50-$60 dollars.  10-22's usually go for about $100 below new retail.  

I approach it as entertainment with the occasional deal.  It's also a good way to gauge the market and useful as a reference in face to face deals.  An example would be the AR magazines in the pre-election auction that went for stupid high prices well over retail.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:05:33 AM EDT
[#5]
im a car dealer. so i go auction numerous times a week. no problems with auctions here.

sierra prices are wayyy too close to what it goes for. and then add in the 12% premium plus $50 online fee and its over the going rate.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
That M1a Scout at $900 plus 12% wasnt too bad of a deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top