Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I also see an M14E2/M14A1 on that table. 
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much for the Vickers?
View Quote

They pretty much said it's a completely correct museum gun. If it were for sale it would go for north of $200k.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They pretty much said it's a completely correct museum gun. If it were for sale it would go for north of $200k.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much for the Vickers?

They are just showing off. 
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here's one that is probably at the show for only $22k.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Dang it! Did not see an XM177 but if you want a water cooled Colt Vickers...
http://i64.tinypic.com/2njy0xj.jpg

ETA: The proper name of the MG.
View Quote

I want everything on the table.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang it! Did not see an XM177 but if you want a water cooled Colt Vickers...
http://i64.tinypic.com/2njy0xj.jpg

ETA: The proper name of the MG.

Looks like an MAT-49 next to the PPSh and Sten.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:25:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes they are.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes they are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes they are.
What is the asking price on the M14E2/M14A1?

Don't answer. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:22:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Ok, so I'm flipflopping on going to this...

Is it better, worse, or the same as the show in Tucson I went to in October. Not feeling a 4 hour round trip to be disappointed
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:22:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a Hotchkiss Universal...one of my favorite subguns to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:03:39 AM EDT
[#11]
So far I've been there both Thursday and Friday.. Set up the Merchant Firearms tables on Thursday, and bought a bunch of brass, powder and bullets from Big Canyon for myself.. Friday found a really nice Group Ind. Full size Uzi for the shop to use as a host for a registered post sample bolt.. Mission for Sat is to find a nice full auto kit for the Uzi before the show opens to the public..

So far I have ran into a few Arf guys and chit-chated for a little bit. Swing by the tables on the NW wall of the SAR building and see the Sig P320RX full size that we just got in and probably the only one you see in the whole show plus some other great Sig stuff (suppressors, optics). I'll be there till about 1ish before to have to leave for class, I'll have my Army Veteran hat on, so say hi
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:08:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So far I've been there both Thursday and Friday.. Set up the Merchant Firearms tables on Thursday, and bought a bunch of brass, powder and bullets from Big Canyon for myself.. Friday found a really nice Group Ind. Full size Uzi for the shop to use as a host for a registered post sample bolt.. Mission for Sat is to find a nice full auto kit for the Uzi before the show opens to the public..

So far I have ran into a few Arf guys and chit-chated for a little bit. Swing by the tables on the NW wall of the SAR building and see the Sig P320RX full size that we just got in and probably the only one you see in the whole show plus some other great Sig stuff (suppressors, optics). I'll be there till about 1ish before to have to leave for class, I'll have my Army Veteran hat on, so say hi
View Quote
KInda vague

Will you be in the SAR building?
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah yes. Telescopic barrel.

It also looks like a Hotchkiss Model 1909 behind it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ok, so I'm flipflopping on going to this...

Is it better, worse, or the same as the show in Tucson I went to in October. Not feeling a 4 hour round trip to be disappointed
View Quote

The SAR show is a different kind of beast than most shows in general, and ANY Tuscon show in particular.  Put it this way, the worse PHX shows are typically better than the "BEST" Tucson shows these days, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The SAR show is a different kind of beast than most shows in general, and ANY Tuscon show in particular.  Put it this way, the worse PHX shows are typically better than the "BEST" Tucson shows these days, IMO.
View Quote

LOL, that's sort of kind of reassuring. I'll probably head up there tomorrow for the experience at least. Appreciate the input
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
KInda vague

Will you be in the SAR building?
View Quote

Yes NW corner area of the SAR building look for the Sig Sauer flags..
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Good deals too be had.

Defenitly a buyers markets...
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:55:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm soooooo tempted to go back and get that 38mm launcher from "Exotic Firearms".

It's almost $700 tho.

The UNAC golf ball cannon is only $250 in comparison.  

Ugggggg
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe, I am getting old...

that show was a dud. 

$11 beers didn't make it better. I thought that they would help.

Some of the asking prices for NFA stuff were just plain silly. 
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm soooooo tempted to go back and get that 38mm launcher from "Exotic Firearms".

It's almost $700 tho.

The UNAC golf ball cannon is only $250 in comparison.  

Ugggggg
View Quote

... Dooooooooooo, ittttttttttttt
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Maybe, I am getting old...

that show was a dud. 

$11 beers didn't make it better. I thought that they would help.

Some of the asking prices for NFA stuff were just plain silly. 
View Quote
I know we found some things that we scored on.

MY only issue is having to deal with some fuckwits who are digging thru a box of $5.00 GI milspec surplus OEM stocks, butt stocks that looked like that have have been through several deployments and all looking the same, but they keep on digging hoping to find that one stock that is $4.99 just so they can think they got a deal. Crap like that prevents me from picking up one for a spares because they are obsessed with one imaginary cent less score, hogging it and keeping others from looking.

And speaking of cheap fucks...stop being obsessed with having to look at every damn thing hoping to get that one deal when you don't even want it and know you don't want it but want a deal. Task and purpose, it ain't there what you're looking for, move the fuck out and draw fire so others can use that space to want what you don't want for fucks sake.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:37:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Went Saturday. Had a good walk. less peeps than last year. Neckbearded 22 LR was still stupid expensive, no sale.   Found and bought some odds and ends for my shop, mitutoyo test indicator (.0001 resolution)
and some carbide end mills for $20. My buddy found lots of goodies that he bought.
Saw a lonesome Freebear.
 I always take a  back pack, bring my own water and snax. Easier to lug stuff around.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#23]
It was nice putting names to faces. A little star struck by the arfcom celebrities there.

Great time had by all.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:18:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Went Saturday. Had a good walk. less peeps than last year. Neckbearded 22 LR was still stupid expensive, no sale.   Found and bought some odds and ends for my shop, mitutoyo test indicator (.0001 resolution)
and some carbide end mills for $20. My buddy found lots of goodies that he bought.
Saw a lonesome Freebear.
 I always take a  back pack, bring my own water and snax. Easier to lug stuff around.
View Quote

Looked  for the famious man bear. Never saw him,  maybe I can find him today when I get back there .   I'm looking for man dressed as a bear correct?
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#25]
He was in the SAR building against one of the walls. Look for a big dude without a costume
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Went to it today.

Definitely a lot of overpriced stuff.

Like silly prices for small items. No wonder a lot of stuff didn't sell.

A lot of people who felt they were experts, telling me info I knew to be completely wrong, plus an oddly high amount of rude dealers. Good luck trying to sell me something when your customer service sucks. Walked away from a few things because of that.

Came away with an early AR Edgewater Buffer and an original Garand lock-bar rear sight.

There was a lot of cool stuff to see though.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#27]
There were a couple of vendors that I expected to be there that were not present. This show felt "less big" than the previous years.

I said, "hi" and met up with people that I knew/know. 

I could not find any AR15/SP1/ M16A1 rear sight parts. 

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:25:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I wonder why Cold Steel no longer goes?  Or did i just miss their table as well?
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#29]
According to a source I have trusted in the past, CS got a shipment of less than A1 product from their overseas producers and did not want to bring it to SAR.  Something like the stuff was worse than the bargain seconds that they usually brought to SAR in years past.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
According to a source I have trusted in the past, CS got a shipment of less than A1 product from their overseas producers and did not want to bring it to SAR.  Something like the stuff was worse than the bargain seconds that they usually brought to SAR in years past.
View Quote

10-4.

I see that CS is a local company,  thats cool.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top