Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2016 1:30:44 PM EDT
Cross posted to gain visibility since I don't believe the BIY AK sub-forum sees much action. I'm just looking for people's thoughts on my project. Thank you!

link to my post

Matt
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a little flashy for my tastes, but good job none the less. At least you're out there making shit.

Way more than what I'm doin
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
On a gold ak, the pearl would look more at home. How are you making these?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs Paki tape and some most halal stickers to really bring it together.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
The parts are being molded from originals using liquid rubber and then cast using Alumilite. I would absolutely love to gold plate one of my AKs, I just do not know where in the world to look to have it done. And I can make them in any color and add the pearl to any color. The clear pearl parts in the pictures were pretty much just proof of concept for me. Thank you for the feedback

Matt
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if my wife would like an AK with your furniture on it?

Hmm...
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I have yet to fully test the furniture under extreme conditions. I have access to automatic AKs that I will use to test against heat once I make the lower handguard piece. I also have yet to make a buttstock so I do not know how well the Alumilite will hold up under the recoil. I will get some more supplies and make those 2 pieces before long. Thanks for the interest! Could even do a pink pearl if she likes and assuming the parts hold up under extreme conditions.

Matt
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top