Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/15/2016 12:26:33 PM EDT
Howdy all,

We are kicking off a new 2 gun match at the Cowtown Range north of Phoenix.  Arizona 2 Gun (rifle pistol) will be an action based match.  There will be tire flipping, Kettlebell throwing/lifting/carrying, Kettlebell dragging, Climbing, crawling, jumping, running, and all kinds of other physical activities along with some decent shooting challenges.  The range facility allows us a lot of interesting options for stages.  Expect rifle shooting up to 400 yards, and pistol challenges accordingly.

The match will be held the first Saturday of each month.  Sign in starts at 830am, Safety brief and squading at 9am.  Cost is $20 per shooter.

For further information, questions, etc.  
Facebook search AZ2gun
YouTube arizona2gun
Instagram: https://instagram.com/p/BMc8ue1hnVw/

For further information please email me at ARIZONA2GUN @ GMAIL

Hope to see you all there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I pm'd you. be sure to post the info here when the website is up.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Any plans for other types of matches as well for those of us who like to keep our shooting and workouts separate?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any plans for other types of matches as well for those of us who like to keep our shooting and workouts separate?  
View Quote

There are plenty of relatively sedentary matches that satisfy that request, there really need to be a few that are different in that regard in my opinion.

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:10:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

There are other ranges with plenty of Olympic and High Power matches.  Cowtown range is not set up to host those types of events.

Cowtown is planning to add a number of other matches in the coming months.  AZ2G is the first to get off the ground and running.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#6]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/604475_Rio_Salado__Practical_Long_Gun_Matches_In_September.html
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I participated in the "beta test" event a few weeks back: CLICK FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO.

The format is on the physical side (not my forte) and, like all practical shooting competition, induces mental stress. The ability to shoot quickly and accurately under physical and mental stress is a useful skill to polish. For me it was a great chance to debug the new equipment I plan to use at the Resurgence 3-Gun match next weekend.

Folks who are less experienced with practical shooting competition will find this an easy introductory format because there are relatively few targets, so the course of fire is very simple to understand and execute compared with the more elaborate stages you see at a 3-Gun match. Of course, you only need two guns... no shotgun required.

I am particularly looking forward to shooting stages in the natural terrain offered by Cowtown... something that you won't encounter at many other matches in central AZ.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Stealthy blagga
Thanks for the aar !
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

There are plenty of relatively sedentary matches that satisfy that request, there really need to be a few that are different in that regard in my opinion.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree more

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There are other ranges with plenty of Olympic and High Power matches.  Cowtown range is not set up to host those types of events.

Cowtown is planning to add a number of other matches in the coming months.  AZ2G is the first to get off the ground and running.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you know what other types of matches they're planning on starting?  I don't do Olympic or High Power matches.  I'm mostly interested in USPSA, steel, carbine, 2gun, etc.  I'm aware of all the matches currently offered at the other ranges in the Valley and already participate in most of them.  But there's always room for more .  Right now there are a few weekends each month where there aren't any matches in the Valley for the kind of shooting I'm interested in so would be nice to see another range start offering more matches.

And I was just having a little fun with my first post; I wasn't trying to knock these types of matches.  They look like fun if that's what you're into, just not my type of thing
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do you know what other types of matches they're planning on starting?  I don't do Olympic or High Power matches.  I'm mostly interested in USPSA, steel, carbine, 2gun, etc.  I'm aware of all the matches currently offered at the other ranges in the Valley and already participate in most of them.  But there's always room for more .  Right now there are a few weekends each month where there aren't any matches in the Valley for the kind of shooting I'm interested in so would be nice to see another range start offering more matches.

And I was just having a little fun with my first post; I wasn't trying to knock these types of matches.  They look like fun if that's what you're into, just not my type of thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At this time I do not know what all will be up and running nor when that will be.

You are more then welcome to come out and shoot the AZ2G match and skip the physical challenges.  The reason doesn't matter, just come out and have fun.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome, I really hope I can make this work with my work schedule. I miss shooting matches since school has started.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:03:04 PM EDT
[#13]
BUMP. Come out and test yourself... if you dare
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#14]
First match is this Saturday.  We have some really nice stages planned on the west platforms shooting in natural terrain.  Expect some interesting challenges to your shooting skills.

Hope to see the regulars and some noobs too.

Come out and have a good time.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks awesome. Dunno if my back could handle the tire
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Looks awesome. Dunno if my back could handle the tire
View Quote

You can skip things like the tire if you cant do it.  Time penalty in place of the physical activity is always an option.  Just come out and give it a try and have some fun.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Unfortunately I'll be in NM this weekend, but I'm interested in the next one. I'll monitor this thread. Is there a website/facebook group setup yet?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Unfortunately I'll be in NM this weekend, but I'm interested in the next one. I'll monitor this thread. Is there a website/facebook group setup yet?
View Quote

https://www.facebook.com/events/1421572344525493/
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't work.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Sounds fun.

Got a calendar or schedule up yet?
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:37:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Link doesn't work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't work.

you have to be logged into FB to see it
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sounds fun.

Got a calendar or schedule up yet?
View Quote

1st saturday of the month.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:53:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link doesn't work.

The link actually doesn't work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#24]
I need to get rich so I can fly back and shoot these matches again.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your drive from Prescott (?) is not a lot further than mine from the East Valley. You missed a fun match today - Paul does a great job with stage design to make the most of the resources he has.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Your drive from Prescott (?) is not a lot further than mine from the East Valley. You missed a fun match today - Paul does a great job with stage design to make the most of the resources he has.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nebraska these days.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks everyone for coming out to shoot today. The weather was about perfect and the shooting was too.

I wanted to rename stage 4 as "the humbler", but I have been informed that name was taken by stage3.

Link Posted: 10/1/2016 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]
https://www.facebook.com/Az2gun/

This one should be visible to the public .
check it out and give it a like.
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
https://www.facebook.com/Az2gun/

This one should be visible to the public .
Can you guys give it a quick review please?
Thanks
View Quote

Looks Good!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Next match is November 5th at Cowtown range.

We have two rifle stages on the West platforms, a rifle/pistol, and pistol only stage in the bays.

Come out and have some fun with us.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:22:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Whats the consensus on Wolf ammo?

Rules say:

Bimetal projectiles (lead core with mild steel jacket covered in copper) may be permitted at Match Director discretion

How is it decided?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Rules say:

Bimetal projectiles (lead core with mild steel jacket covered in copper) may be permitted at Match Director discretion

How is it decided?

Thanks
View Quote

basically some of the new TULA brand that has a silver finish to the bullet have been found to be harder on steel.  this specific ammo is not allowed.

Older tula, wolf, silver/brown bear ammo are all good to go.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

basically some of the new TULA brand that has a silver finish to the bullet have been found to be harder on steel.  this specific ammo is not allowed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rules say:

How is it decided?

Thanks

So if my Wolf has the copper wash, its okay?  I just wouldnt want to bring both types of ammo Wolf and M193 if not needed.  I have enought crap to bring as is ....

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So if my Wolf has the copper wash, its okay?  I just wouldnt want to bring both types of ammo Wolf and M193 if not needed.  I have enought crap to bring as is ....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rules say:

How is it decided?

Thanks

Wolf in all its current non-AP types works just fine.  cheap wolf is fine for the match.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#35]
So the next one is nov 5th?

I may be in. How much ammo do I need?  Is there a page with all of that info listed?
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I may be in. How much ammo do I need?  Is there a page with all of that info listed?
View Quote

There is a Facebook link on this page.

Bring 200rds of rifle and pistol ammunition and you will go home with ammo. The match is not a high round count hose fest.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Bring 200rds of rifle and pistol ammunition and you will go home with ammo. The match is not a high round count hose fest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't realize there was a page two last night when I posted. That's what happens when I post when I'm exhausted lol
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#38]
A good friend of the match graciously got bored yesterday and built us some more obstacle props.

With new props I felt the need to redesign Stage 1 into something that could use these new props.

Be prepared for more window, walls, and tables then EVAR before.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Match is this Saturday.  The weather is starting to be way better for outdoors activities.  Come out and play.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Match is this Saturday.  The weather is starting to be way better for outdoors activities.  Come out and play.
View Quote

Question. I went to sight in the AR I wanted to use Saturday but ran out of time and it's still a tad off. Is there any chance I can finish zeroing it before the match or no?
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 2:40:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Question. I went to sight in the AR I wanted to use Saturday but ran out of time and it's still a tad off. Is there any chance I can finish zeroing it before the match or no?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, we have no easy way to help you with this.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 3:22:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is "a tad"? One inch at 100 yards is not going to lose you the match.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Of course Matt has me in a golf tournament this Saturday AM.  I'm there in December; I may not be able to shoot worth a damn but I can throw a kettle bell.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Of course Matt has me in a golf tournament this Saturday AM.  I'm there in December; I may not be able to shoot worth a damn but I can throw a kettle bell.
View Quote

Kettlebell request noted for the December match.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the time I left rio salado it was about 5 inches dead left of bullseye at 25 yards. So I need to get it to the right and then re-zero the elevation at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 2:01:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

At the time I left rio salado it was about 5 inches dead left of bullseye at 25 yards. So I need to get it to the right and then re-zero the elevation at 100 yards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With some quick math you should be able to nearly center it without a target.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:17:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty risky.

Get a proper zero in the next three days.

ETA- Oh, and Jpl, do 50 pushups because your Freedom Stick isnt properly zeroed....

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Pretty risky.

ETA- Oh, and Jpl, do 50 pushups because your Freedom Stick isnt properly zeroed....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty risky.

Hahaha I was wondering who was going to rag on me for that.

I'm going to try but I have a 2.5 year old that I watch all day and I'm sick.  Looks like I'll have to wait until December. Bah.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Pretty risky.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty risky.

This is the correct answer, and the penance is about right too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'm going to try but I have a 2.5 year old that I watch all day and I'm sick.  Looks like I'll have to wait until December. Bah.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty risky.

Hearing protection for 2 year olds

Wipe the sick off your AR after you zero.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top