User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:34:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hearing protection for 2 year olds

Wipe the sick off your AR after you zero.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At the time I left rio salado it was about 5 inches dead left of bullseye at 25 yards. So I need to get it to the right and then re-zero the elevation at 100 yards.

With some quick math you should be able to nearly center it without a target.  

Pretty risky.

Get a proper zero in the next three days.

ETA- Oh, and Jpl, do 50 pushups because your Freedom Stick isnt properly zeroed....

Hahaha I was wondering who was going to rag on me for that.

I'm going to try but I have a 2.5 year old that I watch all day and I'm sick.  Looks like I'll have to wait until December. Bah.

Hearing protection for 2 year olds

Wipe the sick off your AR after you zero.

Whoa wait I can bring her?!  There is no 6+ stupid rule?  Ha!  Now my wife has no excuses not to come!  Yes!

How is the match going? I'm so mad I'm not there. I'm currently laying on my bathroom floor with absolutely no voice whatsoever and coughing up yellow/green/blood shit. Sucks.

Oh , and what's really awesome is I have the shits too! I'm having a blast over here
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Whoa wait I can bring her?!  There is no 6+ stupid rule?  Ha!  Now my wife has no excuses not to come!  Yes!

How is the match going? I'm so mad I'm not there. I'm currently laying on my bathroom floor with absolutely no voice whatsoever and coughing up yellow/green/blood shit. Sucks.

Oh , and what's really awesome is I have the shits too! I'm having a blast over here
View Quote

I meant you could bring her when you zeroed your rifle before the match.

I wouldn't bring kids, not sure what the official rule is, but there's plenty of shenanigans with the adults there......

Oh, you missed an awesome match and you should feel bad....

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]

View Quote

Kids are fine so long as you have eye and ear protection for them and the eye\ear pro stays on at all times. Infants and toddlers are a lot of work on a range. Older kids are easier for sure
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#4]
New Instagram page link

https://instagram.com/p/BMc8ue1hnVw/

November match had about perfect weather and sailed smoothly.  Next match is December 3rd.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
New Instagram page link

November match had about perfect weather and sailed smoothly.  Next match is December 3rd.
View Quote

Will the matches typically be on the first Saturday of every month?

Id like to plan ahead, I had a great time!
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
New Instagram page link

First Saturday of every month is when this match will always be.

Specialties matches will be announced as the become available.  Things like IDARM, night match, etc etc will be announced in the future
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:53:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Squad Loose Nutz was an awesome squad!

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Squad Loose Nutz was an awesome squad!

View Quote

True... and you always know where they are because they're so loud....

Maybe some day I can be Loose enough to join......

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 5:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
From the Facebook page:
Fellow 2 gunners.
As we continue to draw new shooters into the Az2G family, we as match directors notice a trend. Roughly 25% of the competitor field completes all 4 stages within the allotted par time.

The marksmanship component of a stage can vary from short range pistol to long range rifle. Often under unconventional conditions. More often than not, after completing a physical task.

While we can only encourage your quest to fitness improvement, we do have some room to promote shooting performance.

The Plan:

The December 3d event will be an informal rifle only practice session. .

We will have access to west platforms 1, 2, & 3.

The stage props we use will be posted at different positions so you can get some trigger time working each one. Rooftop & tank traps. The obstacle course 4ft wall. Targets will be designated per lane.

You are welcome to shoot as much as you wish from each position.
We encourage you to experiment, to learn from & coach each other.
A staff RO will be on-hand to supervise.

This is not a formal learning block - there are many resources that can cover that in greater detail.

The Why:

You are our customers. We want you to get as much benefit and personal growth that you can from attending Az2Gun matches.

A match shouldn't be the first time you see a challenge and have to figure out a solution on the clock. We want to see you succeed!

Please spread the word to your shooting buddies.

A follow up "EVENT" page will be developed and posted soon.

Hope to see many of you out there!

p.s.
If you have an open bed pick up truck and are willing to assist in transporting these items , please let us know in the this thread or via email.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#10]
A night match? Yes please!

Any possibility of a separate class for NV instead of white light?
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

We run a couple of NightFire matches at Rio Salado each year - sign up for our 3-Gun email list if you want to be in the loop. Last time, we even had a NV division. We are planning to run our next such match around the Christmas/New Year timeframe.

With the above being said, I want to advise everyone that this match is run by INVITATION ONLY... after our first NightFire match, it was very clear that having newbies to action shooting fumbling with hot guns in the pitch black darkness was a really bad idea, so now folks will only get an invite if we have a record of them having demonstrated a competent level of safety and gunhandling skill in our regular daytime 3-Gun matches first. Sorry, no exceptions, no matter how many tactical training classes folks have attended.

If the AZ2G crew plan on running a night match, I would strongly counsel a similar level of competitor screening.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We run a couple of NightFire matches at Rio Salado each year - sign up for our 3-Gun email list if you want to be in the loop. Last time, we even had a NV division. We are planning to run our next such match around the Christmas/New Year timeframe.

With the above being said, I want to advise everyone that this match is run by INVITATION ONLY... after our first NightFire match, it was very clear that having newbies to action shooting fumbling with hot guns in the pitch black darkness was a really bad idea, so now folks will only get an invite if we have a record of them having demonstrated a competent level of safety and gunhandling skill in our regular daytime 3-Gun matches first. Sorry, no exceptions, no matter how many tactical training classes folks have attended.

If the AZ2G crew plan on running a night match, I would strongly counsel a similar level of competitor screening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Noted, thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you guys all set for Saturday (12/3)? Worth attending for the more experienced competitors?

Perhaps you could consider running the "free practice" session in the early AM, then a competitive match using the same props and targets in the late AM or PM? It would make for a longer day for the staff, but would create something worth the drive for those of us seeking a more advanced challenge.
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 2:08:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are you guys all set for Saturday (12/3)? Worth attending for the more experienced competitors?

Perhaps you could consider running the "free practice" session in the early AM, then a competitive match using the same props and targets in the late AM or PM? It would make for a longer day for the staff, but would create something worth the drive for those of us seeking a more advanced challenge.
View Quote

We have a working plan that is "flexible."

Place the roof & tanktrap props on a couple of points and let the shooters play around with them.
Each point will have a designated lane & targets to engage. The wall & window will be available near the storage area if anyone wants to get some time on those as well. Each lane will be supervised by an RO.
The RO's will have specific instructions not to interfere with the shooters self-learning curve. They are only there to insure that safety protocols are followed and personnel management.

The objective for this experiment is to introduce and allow the new & old customers we are attracting to gather more trigger time without the restriction of the timer. They are free to shoot as many or little rounds as they want.

Now if any experienced competitors want to offer the benefit of their expertise, I am sure the novices will be grateful.

As to running a match, post-practice?
Not in my lifetime.

Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Further: The AZ2Gun match has the range from 6am to 1pm.  We have to be off the range at 1pm for other users in the afternoon time.

Sorry, this month is more a benefit for the new shooters then the regular competitors.  Although, for the modest fee you will have access to some challenging shooting props and target engagements.  You can also get that work out itch scratched practicing on the walls, windows, and other props.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#16]
OK, thanks for the clarification. I think this is a great idea that will be very worthwhile for a lot of folks. We are considering doing something similar at Rio in 2017.... please let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
OK, thanks for the clarification. I think this is a great idea that will be very worthwhile for a lot of folks. We are considering doing something similar at Rio in 2017.... please let us know how it goes.
View Quote

I like your idea, as well. We'll likely do that in early 2017. We'll let you know how our event goes this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice!

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 12:55:29 AM EDT
[#19]
We will not be doing this at 2G-Acm Tucson.   We bathe in tears and suffering.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 9:44:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We will not be doing this at 2G-Acm Tucson.   We bathe in tears and suffering.
View Quote

I too prefer this manor of bathing...

With me away at Hard as Hell 3 gun this weekend, the other match directors decided to do a practice event.
AZ2Gun and the level of obstacles/props difficulty is far higher then at any other event in the PHX area. Being new to the PHX area, this practice event will give those who want it, a chance to practice the things they have not seen anywhere else without pressure of the time clock beating em down.

The January event will be back to our regularly scheduled pain and suffering, err... normal fun event.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#21]
re: Practice day 12/03/2016
We are a go.Weather will be sunny and in upper 40's to 50's.
Meet at the storage containers, vicinity of Bay 1 for sign in.
Shooter meeting at 0900, then we'll convoy to the west platforms for the morning.
No armor piercing or TULA ammo please, those tend to damage the targets.
Look forward to seeing everyone!
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:36:13 AM EDT
[#22]
By all counts, the practice session was a success.
17 shooters took part and worked the props in addition to the new picket fence.
We wrapped up with a short stage so they could put their new skills to the test.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I've been hearing through the grapevine that the specific issue with Tula ammunition is the recent "silver colored" 5.56 projectiles.

(FYI: Current Tula MFG 9mm has those projectiles as well, although that's a pistol round).

So, I'm attempting clarification here - is this Tula ban on all/anything Tula, or specifically those projectiles?

My reason for asking is that 5.45 has limited options in regards to US availability and it does not use those "silver-colored" projectiles, and I shoot a lot of 5.45 guns.

Is that acceptable, then, or prohibited?  What about the "silver colored" 9mm?

What about Wolf, Silver Bear, etc?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've been hearing through the grapevine that the specific issue with Tula ammunition is the recent "silver colored" 5.56 projectiles.

(FYI: Current Tula MFG 9mm has those projectiles as well, although that's a pistol round).

So, I'm attempting clarification here - is this Tula ban on all/anything Tula, or specifically those projectiles?

My reason for asking is that 5.45 has limited options in regards to US availability and it does not use those "silver-colored" projectiles, and I shoot a lot of 5.45 guns.

Is that acceptable, then, or prohibited?  What about the "silver colored" 9mm?

What about Wolf, Silver Bear, etc?
View Quote

This is unfortunately why Rio Salado 3-Gun matches have a blanket prohibition on any projectiles that attract a magnet... its the only way to be sure short of constantly keeping ones ear to the ground about what ammo is "bad".
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#25]
in case anyone missed the answer from the Az2G fb page:

"It is ONLY the silver colored Tula projos that are banned because they are a steel jacket and it chews up steel as well as presents a major safety hazard when shooting steel in the bays. That isn't an assumption - we've had big problems with that ammo. Copper jacketed Tula is still good to go, or any other brand." rizzo aka Glen
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 11:31:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds good, thank you for the clarification.

We must have mithril enhanced steel made by elves down at 2G-ACM because those "silver" Tula projectiles do nothing to our targets, but M193 (which does not attract a magnet) sure the heck does.

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 3:03:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Sounds good, thank you for the clarification.

We must have mithril enhanced steel made by elves down at 2G-ACM because those "silver" Tula projectiles do nothing to our targets, but M193 (which does not attract a magnet) sure the heck does.
View Quote

M193 is mean to targets as well. The problem isn't just damage to targets, it's the possible splash from close range targets. At distance, no worries. But up close we've already had some injuries and so to be better safe than sorry, we don't want it used.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#28]
website is live
Az2Gun

you can also find us on instagram
@arizona2gun  
(thanks to sinistralrifleman)
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Next match is 1-7-2017.  Come see us that first weekend of the new year!
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Match is this Saturday. Come on out and have some fun with us.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 8:25:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Beginning January, the stage par times will be increased to 180 seconds. Stage difficulty will remain the same.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:15:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Match is tomorrow. Looks like the weather will be really nice. Come out and have a fun time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#33]
A big thank you to everyone who came out today.  We had 58shooter and a !of of fun. Check the website for scores.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:19:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A big thank you to everyone who came out today.  We had 58shooter and a !of of fun. Check the website for scores.
View Quote

59 shooters if you count the MD.
Jannuary scores
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I beat Ian??
That can't be right.....

How far was the teeter-totter/swinger on Stage 1?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I beat Ian??
That can't be right.....

How far was the teeter-totter/swinger on Stage 1?
View Quote

80-ish yards
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:49:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#38]
This was a post match experiment, I almost went for it during the real run but didn't want to blow my good score/day on a lark.  Did it in 31 seconds.

Yesterday's 80 yard MGM spinner, offhand w/Colt SP1, irons and a hasty sling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQtWlj3cG00&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Next match is Saturday February 4th.

Expect some new experiences for this match.  West canyon stages here we come.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#40]
We added a YouTube channel for the match

YouTube: arizona2gun

Mark and I did an introduction video and division introduction.  Look for more videos in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
We added a YouTube channel for the match
Arizona 2Gun
Mark and I did an introduction video and division introduction.  Look for more videos in the near future.
View Quote

like & subscribe
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:19:39 PM EDT
[#42]
The February 4 match is a little over 1 week away.

Meet in the parking area near the conex's for sign in, safety brief, and squading.  We will then travel to the west canyon.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I would like to come to the match this feb, if I can get the day off.  I noticed that your rules don't allow zinc tulammo.  That's fine, I don't buy that cheap stuff (it doesn't run well in one of my piston guns so I don't stock it anyway).  If I can come I'll be bringing m193, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I noticed that Karl from InRangeTV posted a video about those 2 rounds today.  

Steel Damage Ammo Test: 5.56 TulAmmo vs M193

I realize that this may be more of a range rule than a match rule, but I'm curious if this video might lead to a change in policy.  Mostly because I have friends with kids and the only ammo they can afford is the tulammo and I'd like to see them show up to this match or matches like this one.  Otherwise I'm going to have to continue subsidizing their ammo bill just to spend time with them on the range.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would like to come to the match this feb, if I can get the day off.  I noticed that your rules don't allow zinc tulammo.  That's fine, I don't buy that cheap stuff (it doesn't run well in one of my piston guns so I don't stock it anyway).  If I can come I'll be bringing m193, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I noticed that Karl from InRangeTV posted a video about those 2 rounds today.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F28NK5mhLos

I realize that this may be more of a range rule than a match rule, but I'm curious if this video might lead to a change in policy.  Mostly because I have friends with kids and the only ammo they can afford is the tulammo and I'd like to see them show up to this match or matches like this one.  Otherwise I'm going to have to continue subsidizing their ammo bill just to spend time with them on the range.
View Quote

This is a range rule and nothing to do with the match itself.  The match is a guest of the range and we have to follow the range rules too.

I've looked on line and found WOLF steel case (which is allowed at the range) is cheaper or the same price as TULA ammo which is banned.  Please consider buying WOLF ammo instead of TULA ammo for use at the Cowtown range.

ETA: spelling
ETA2: added about ammo prices.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:31:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Weather forecast is sunny and mid 70's
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#46]
favorable weather, awesome range facility, fun match.  What more could you ask for?
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:44:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
favorable weather, awesome range facility, fun match.  What more could you ask for?
View Quote

A speedos only division?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:15:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

A speedos only division?
View Quote

Granted.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

A speedos only division?
View Quote

Be careful what you wish for.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:37:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Be careful what you wish for.
View Quote

this will not end well...
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top